DML: Chapter Nine: The Tender Birth Of A Neophyte

Oomph! I’m flat on my back. Ben pushed me so hard the air left my lungs, and I’ve bitten my own tongue. His legs pin mine to the bed, one hand holds both my arms above my head in a vice like grip. Okay, do not panic. Gah! Snarling, Ben is snarling, and his mouth is open, and, oh my god, his fangs look terrifying right now. He jerks down and I jump in my skin and tremble a little.

“This will hurt,” he murmurs darkly. “A lot.”

He’s not my Ben anymore. A brute has consumed his flesh, and his body is no longer my haven, but demon spawn sent to punish me. I inhale on a gasp, in shock, terror. I think I see hell in his eyes. I scream, but his hand covers my mouth, and my head is pushed roughly to the side, tilted to expose my throat. Ben hisses as he bites my throat, snarls as he clamps down. The crunch of cartilage punctures the edgy silence. My heart beats too hard, my fright too great, and I faint from panic alone. Another flex of his jaw is like shock paddles, and I’m back, lucid in agony. I scream louder, my throat raw from the horror-struck sounds of my fear, muffled by Ben’s palm. My back arches at the pain radiating from my neck, closer to my assailant who clutches me tighter, lifting my torso from the mattress. 

I can’t help it, my body revolts, and tries to wriggle away, but he holds me, and drinks, feeding from me with starved delight.

I wanted this?

Yes, you asked for this, begged for it, remember, Lee?

My scream cuts off on a gurgle – there is no air left in my lungs. I drag in another half breath, only managing a sharp squeak before I’m hyperventilating. My fingertips and toes tingle before going numb. The numbness spreads, preceded by what feels like knife tips jabbing my skin. Lightheaded, I twitch uncontrollably.

Ben sucks, long and hard drawing blood from deep within. I stop moving. Am I nearly done? There is light in this darkness, and I cling to the thought I wanted this. Yes, there is pain but my gain is Ben forever.

Come on, Lee, you can do this.

What is that crunching…?

My windpipe collapses under the pressure, but by this time, I only recognize the body part no longer functions, I cannot feel it.

Ben releases his punishing grip on me and I fall in an ungainly sprawl. When my back hits the mattress, my head lolls to the side, which is annoying because now all I see is the wall. The faded paint has peeled away revealing stone underneath. I cough, my chest heaving. Everything is blurry, the candlelight’s dim smudges in the dark.

Ben growls – struggling with something? I try to understand what’s happening besides my own body’s messed state. Oh no! Sobs tear from my love, and I want so badly to wrap my arms around him, and gather him close. To whisper in his midnight hair that I understand what’s happening and that I forgive him. Maybe I should’ve asked for details before I let him turn me. This feeding is considerably different from what he has shown me, but how could he have shown me what this was going to be like?

Oh, see how you miss the point. Lee, focus, and think! Ben can hear your thoughts.

Did I renounce him and our love at any point? Uh, I don’t think so. He knows I’m in this for the long run. I want to turn to him, to help him with the doubt he fights, but I simply cannot move. Sorry love, you have to battle this one on your own. My neck burns, my mouth is horribly dry, and I’m sure Ben got too carried away and ripped my limbs off. I no longer feel them.

My heart stutters, trying to keep going. How frustrating. The longer this takes, the longer I’m in pain. Ah, Ben, you need to change me now, or it will it be too late? My heart needs to stop completely but I’m thinking there needs to be a blood exchange before then. I try to move my lips to form his name, but I cannot feel them, and who knew feeling your lips move helped you to speak.