Fallen Grace-Recap and Chapter 7

Hello, ever faithful readers. I can't tell you what made me think of this story again, but it popped in my head. In case you can't remember what happened in the previous chapters, I'll recap it:

Aaron Lane is a sixteen year old boy who met an unfortunate end in a car crash. He soon finds out that everything he thought he knew about Heaven and the afterlife was wrong. Twelve angels, led by one named Allison in particular, give him the assignment of being Lila Grace's Guardian Angel. He's sent back down to Earth to help out Lila, the laughingstock of her school. After a slightly rocky start, Lila and Aaron have a friendship going on. So it turns out that Lila's sister, Gina, can see angels and is even half angel, half fallen angel: one of the Nephilim.

After a talk with Allison, Gina learns that fallen angels can be a huge threat to mankind, and the only way to get the fallen angel blood (which is more dominant in her) is to kill her. However, Gina is still a teenager and can't bear for her life to end yet, so Aaron promises he'll talk to Allison about it.  All the while, Aaron is having some issues of his own. Secretly, he hates the way the afterlife turned out for him and wishes his life wasn't ended so early. A visit to the graveyard makes him realize this. While at his grave, he revists the grave of Hayley Armstrong, an old love who died even earlier than he did. It's there that she appears to Aaron and almost steals his soul, turning him into a fallen angel like she was, if it weren't for Gina and Allison. Yet Aaron can't get rid of the memories of their past when they were both alive.

This chapter starts with the aftermath of Aaron's kiss with Gina after she saves his whipped little self from Hayley--again. So, without further ado, here's the long awaited chapter seven.

Aaron's P.O.V.

She pulled back abruptly. "Aaron-"

I shook my head, sighing. "I'm sorry. I- Oh my god. Wait."

"What?"

"Don't you get banished to Hell if you fall in love? Or something?"

"Calm down. Are you seriously in love with me?" Gina asked, running a hand through her red hair.

"Define love?" I asked.

She smiled, almost to herself, clearly in another place. "You're not in love with me. Love is this extraordinary feeling deep inside you where your heart races every time you see this special person. And you care so much about this person, they're all you can think about. All you want is to be with that one person and...You get the point."

 "Wow, that was pretty deep," I observed, looking her over.

"Thanks, but we should get going. School starts in a few hours."

"Okay. Thanks for everything, you know. I'm sorry I just...yeah." How humiliating.

"No problem. Just stop being an idiot."

Lila's P.O.V.

Fifteen minutes before seven, I arrived at school. Accidentally, I slammed the door in Aaron's face. It didn't really matter since he was an angel and free of all pain, but he still decided to be dramatic and scowl.

"Oops, sorry drama queen."

The familiar snicker was right by my ear. Kay.

"Talking to your imaginary friend again?" she asked.

Her blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail without a hair sticking out of place. She sported our school's spring cheerleading uniform: a short green and gold skirt, a plunging, sleeveless V-neck shirt that also was green and gold. In white, sparkly letters stood the school's initials: DH.