Fallen Grace-Chapter Five

Gina's P.O.V.

4:32 A.M.

Great.

I could not fall asleep even if my life depended on it. All night I've been tossing and turning, unable to keep my eyes shut.

Twenty minutes later, I was so close to finally reaching sleep, when it all began.

At first I thought I was dreaming. I was in this huge room with a circular table with twelve chairs. The windows were long and showed bright blue skies and white puffy clouds. I looked at the table again. Only one chair was occupied by a woman, probably in her early twenties. Her dark brown, straight hair spilled over her shoulders. Side bangs fell into her eyes. And huge wings reached out from her back, white and feathery. She looked up at me, bright brown eyes sparkling.

"You must be Gina," she said, her voice seeming light and musical.

"How do you know?" I asked stubbornly. "This is all a stupid dream."

She smiled. "Believe what you want, but this is real life. My name's Allison."

"Ha. You're hilarious." My voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"Take a seat. I want to talk to you," she said, completely ignoring what I just said. I decided to play along and took the seat next to her.

"What do you want?"

"Look, I want you to consider me a friend."

"You're not real." The whole situation was getting a little freaky. Usually I couldn't control myself in a dream. It seemed very realistic...a little too realistic.

"You're very reluctant. You shouldn't be. Gina, you have a gift. We need to talk about this and I want you to feel comfortable," Allison said.

"Fine." I'd play along, wake up, and have a good laugh about it.

But...didn't Aaron mention someone named Allison once?

"Wait. Do you know someone named Aaron Lane?" I asked, sounding a bit stupid as I said it.

She laughed and brushed her hair behind her ear. "Yes, I do. "

"He's my sister's guardian angel." So...this is real? No. It can't be. Stop it, Gina.

"Yes, you're Lila Grace's sister. That's what we need to talk about. My time is running out..." Allison said, nervously tapping her fingers on the table.

"Then hurry up."

"Gina, you're an angel."

***********************************************************************************************************

Aaron's P.O.V.

"Lila."

She groaned and flipped over, pulling the sheets over her head.

"Lila!" I said sharply, kicking her foot.

"What?!" she asked, throwing her pillow at me. "It's eight o'clock in the morning on the weekend!"

"You're talking in your sleep," I said, and smiled when she glared at me.

"Good to know," she answered, rubbing her eyes.

"It was super awkward, so I decided to let you know."

"Thank you.  You're too kind." 

Gina bursted in then. "Aaron. I need to talk to you." She brushed hair behind her ear, shaking her head.