She Will Be Loved- Chp 6

Chapter 6

The following weekend we decided to take a mini camping trip . . . in the backyard. It was Jayden’s idea and Matt went along with it happily; he went with anything Jayden said.

“Are you all packed and ready?” Jayden asked walking in with a bag pack on his back. I gazed at him in wonder. Why was his bag so big?

“Um . . . why would I pack . . . ? We’ll be right outside remember . . . ?” I asked more than alittle puzzled.

“Now Kai, there is no need to suck the fun out of it just because we won’t really be camping. Come on get the spirit. You know your brother’s all packed and waiting downstairs but we can’t leave without you because you might not be able to catch up to us and I don’t want  you and Emi getting lost.” Now that was just sad. I was pretty sure that I wouldn’t have gotten lost in the backyard. I was also pretty sure that I would have been able to ‘catch up’ to them. I gave him a look and he smiled. “Feel the camp spirit,” he made his way over to me and took me in his arms, “you know you want to . . . “I couldn’t help but smile at him. He seemed to have that effect on everyone.

I picked up a small knapsack and put a change of clothes inside for Emi; it was one of those just in case things.

“Wait that’s all you’re packing for her?” He asked curiously.

“Jayden, sweetheart, let me explain something to you.” I said taking his face into my hands. “We are going downstairs and sleeping outside for one night. I am humouring you by taking this bag for Emi but I don’t plan to back a whole suitcase, ‘kay?” I said with an innocent smile. “And besides the more stuff I pack means the more space there’ll be between us in our tent.” After hearing that he shrugged the huge backpack off his back and kicked it to the side. I shook my head; I figured that would have gotten him. “I’m kidding but really, we don’t need all this stuff.”

He sighed. “Okay fine.” He said reluctantly before his smile went right back into place. “I’ll look at this as a good thing, much like you said. With less stuff to give us warmth we’ll just have to use each other.” He said with that breath taking smirk of his. I rolled my eyes then walked passed him; he really as too much.

“Hey Jonie, you didn’t tell me that you were ‘camping’ too.” I said, walking unto the back porch and seeing her with a bagpack on her back as well. She gave me that look that explained everything. She was going to record more info. It figured. Data Carrying was her life afterall, which made it even worse that Destiny would try to take it from her. She had some nerve even trying as well. Jayden kept saying that he didn’t want Jonie going overboard but I didn’t see why not. Those two deserved everything that they got. Jayden also said that she could do serious things when she was pissed and that intrigued me. What exactly was she capable of when she became overly pissed?

The two of us walked out to the ‘campsite’ and ‘setup’.

“Set this camera under that.” She instructed.

“Um . . . why are we going to need Cameras?”

“You’ll see.” I didn’t question her any further. She knew what she was doing. Minutes later Jayden came out with Matt. He stopped exactly where Jonie had left an X in the ground and wrapped his arm around me. Jonie sighed. “Three . . .two . . .one . . .”

“Oh hey Jayden, what brings you out tonight.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning to look at Shyla who was leaning over the fence and looking at us. So this was why Jonie made all these preparations. Her eyes sparkled with pleasure as Jayden smiled his greeting. His smile only made me feel worst. I knew he was a guy of nothing but good intentions but sometimes he was so naïve that he could easily play into the trap of others. When she didn’t take her eyes off him after the first few minutes Matt walked in between them and began telling Jayden about the different stars they just had to find before the night was over. I sighed inwardly in relief as Jayden became distracted by the trivial conversation he now held with my brother. Shyla puffed her face then let of an almost inaudible sigh. I didn’t even have to ask; Jonie heard and interpreted it.