The Stalker (Part Two)

Darkness.

Darkness was all I could see. No lights, nothing was going to give tis darkness light.

Then, I saw something flicker to the right.

It was light.

I ran to it as fast as I could, I needed to see something other than my own soul being taken right out of my body.

I reached the light, and I heard a voice say something.

"Wake up Cassandra."

"What?"

"Wake up!"

I felt like my soul was entering back into my body. I was fully introduced back into the light.

"Ah, Cassandra, you're awake" Toby said

"You look so beautiful, my soulmate" He said, rubbing Cassandra's cheek.

"I'm not your soulmate, you creep", Cassandra said, swinging her head, forcefully removing Toby's hand from hers.

His expression went from loving to dark fast. In a swift motion, he held her jaw and forced her to look at him. He stared into her eyes for five minutes before her let her go.

"So, are you hungry Cassandra?" Toby said, completely having an emotional 180 degree turn.

"Are you crazy?! You have kept me in your basement for two days! Did you think I would love you for doing that?!" Cassandra yelled, believing this situation to be preposterous!

"You have gotten so strong since I helped you, this proves we were mean to meet each other" Toby said, completely ignoring what Cassandra said.

"You mean after you kidnapped me, made me go unconscious, threw me into your basement, and made me act as if we're husband and wife" Cassandra said under her breath "we are totally helping each other"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing"

Toby went back upstairs to get Cassandra food. Cassandra took that chance to take the sharp bone she got from a chicken Toby fed her two days ago. She saved the bone in her sleeve after her took her finished plate, and for two days, she used her mouth to sharpen it when he left her downstairs to sleep.

To her liking, the chair she was tied to was leaning on the wall, therefore, when she cuts the rope a snip snap at a time, he would not be able to see it.

She cut a slice through the rope, breaking the first part of the rope off.

"Cassandra, I made your favorite!" Toby yelled from the upstairs.

Cassandra quickly grabbed the rope, and held it so it would not catch the attention of Toby.

She could feel the dark presence of Toby coming down the stairs. What happened to him, what traumatic episode made him so...mad? Cassandra thought, waiting for him to reach downstairs.

Toby came back downstairs, but without a plate of food. Instead, he walked towards Cassandra with his hands behind his back and an evil smile on his face.

He started talking "You know Cassandra, I've been thinking" he paused before he continued.

"This-" he motioned around the basement "- is not a place for a lady. That is why I decided you are sleeping in my bed for the rest of the time being." He removed his hands from his back to reveal handcuffs, and the other, the key.

He came closer to her to untie the rope, and tried to put the handcuffs on her.

"Now is a better time than ever" Cassandra thought.

She snapped the rest of the rope with the sharp bone, and kicked Toby in his family jewels to stop him from chasing her.

He fell to the floor, and grunted in pain. Cassandra picked up the key that fell with Toby. While Toby was talking to her, she noticed he used the same key for every lock in the house.

She ran to the door, unlocked it, and grabbed the phone immediately.

She could hear him running up the stairs. She then ran outside, and dialed 911.

"Please help me, I've been kidnapped!" Cassandra said, yelling in the phone, while still running.

"Where are you miss?" the lady on the other end of the phone asked.

"1490 Stone Street, 20744"

"Okay, we will be there soon, please do not hang up or turn off the phone"

Cassandra held the phone in her hand, and knocked on the first door she saw. The person behind the door shocked Cassandra to the core.

"Ben?!"

"Cassandra, thank God!" He walked out of the house a hugged me tight "This guy, I think he was named Toby, told me he kidnapped you, and then held me hostage. I found the opportunity to escape when he left"

Cassandra breathed in the long-missed smell of Ben. She looked at his face, and noticed he had bruises on his face.

Rage overwhelmed Cassandra "That s-"

"CASSANDRA!" Both Cassandra and Ben jumped away from each other frightfully at the tone of Toby's voice.

Toby was nearly two feet away from them.

He was coming closer.

And closer.

Both of them were frozen in fear.

Suddenly, the sound of wailing police sirens filled the neighborhoods. The police rushed out of their cars, pulled out their guns, and surrounded Toby.

"Put your hands above your head, get on your knees, and put your head down NOW!" The police yelled at Toby.

Toby obliged, and did exactly what they said. The police officers held his hands behind his back, and lead him to the police car.

"Thank you God! Thank you!" Both Cassandra and Ben preached.

Another two police officers covered both Cassandra and Ben in a blanket, and took them into the ambulance. Before the doors to the ambulance closed, Cassandra saw Toby mouth something

"I will come back"

And then, the door closed shut.