The Stalker

I smelt the red roses in my hand, today was the day that I finally make her mine and only mine. Red roses were Cassandra's favorite color, I once heard her tell London "Red is the color of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure." These roses symbolize my love for her, the passionate love I hold for her, and if she doesn't realize her love for me, there will be violence and anger. The perfect color to a now perfect day.

To prove that I will be the only person in her life that loves her, I had to get rid of some "garbage", in my head, I heard Cassandra congratulating me, telling me that we will be together forever, and thanking me for getting rid of her burden. It felt amazing.

I got into my car and went into a well-known neighborhood; I swear I can drive to her house blindfolded. I parked my car on the side of the building, got out, and walked to her door. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes earlier

"London, thank you for coming over, it's been so lonely since Ben died" I said. Ben's car was found crushed near a cliff, and his body was found nearby in the ocean. The police ruled that he died under the influence of alcohol, mainly because they found a six-pack of beer in the backseat of his car, but they did not find any alcohol in his blood stream. These cops are getting dumber and dumber as time passes. I did not believe that, Ben only drank wine and champagne, and hardly drinks when he knows he has to drive.

"It is my duty as a friend to always be your shoulder to cry on" London said, smiling at me. "I hope I haven't been a burden to you over these past months" I said to her, "You've lost so much time with Danny because of me and my stupid emotions".

"It's alright hun, plus I found a perfect guy for you, his name is Toby and he is perfect for you" London said, wiggling her eyebrows. I smiled weakly, "Thanks London, but you know that I'm not ready to date after-" I whimpered "-after Ben". Tears started to roll down my cheeks, and London wiped them off. "It's going to be okay Cassie"

She looked around the room and noticed our empty Ben & Jerry ice cream bowls "how about I go to the store and pick up more B&J? Will that make you feel better?" she asked. "You always know how to cheer me up London, I could never thank you enough" I said.

"It's what friends do hun" she said, patting my cheek. She grabbed her purse from the bed and waved goodbye. I got up, went to my bookcase, and chose "Divergent", I have read it like a million times, but the book never gets old. When I got on the bed, I heard the jingle of keys; it must've been London's house keys. I set the keys next to my lamp to give it to her when she gets back.

As I was getting comfortable, the doorbell's catchy tune echoed in the quiet house. I got up and headed downstairs in anticipation of finding London at the foot of my doorway, she must've remembered that she left her house keys here. I opened the door, and expected to see red stilettos but only saw brown polished loafers. My eyes followed the legs the shoes belonged to, and it landed on a smiling man with red roses in his hand, his eyes holding love, lust, and a crazy glint in his eyes.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked.

"I am your soulmate Cassandra, your one true love" He said, smiling at me.

I took a shaky breath "O-Okay, you have 5 seconds to leave before I call the co-"

Before I could even finish that sentence, he lunged at me and tried to hold me in a headlock. I dodged it and ran to the kitchen, there was a phone there and I planned on getting that phone before he got me. While running, he grabbed a pot sitting on the stove; I knew exactly what he was trying to do. "Is this how it's going to end? Death by a pot held by a psycho?" I chuckled at that thought, a bittersweet feeling lingering in my body. He caught me, and held me in a tight hold, not leaving any room to slip away. He then pushed me onto the ground, and hovered above me with the pot in his raised hand.

'Click' that was the sound of the door opening, "yes, it must be London coming back, I'm saved!" I thought. I wasted no time waiting calling her "LONDON, CALL 911! HELP ME!"

I heard the click of heels come into the kitchen, and I strained my neck to look at her with pleading eyes. "HELP ME!" I screamed, but to my horror, she started smiling. The stranger banged the pot on my head hard in one blow. While I was fading into darkness, I heard one heartbreaking sentence form London.

"Cassie, meet Toby" Then she walked away.

And everything went dark....