Why Is My Boyfriend Trying To Kill Me? (a complicated love story): Chapter

Start from the beginning

I couldn't speak. Tears were streaming down my face. How did Spencer find me? "Spence-"

"Shut up!" He growled, and pressed the knife harder against my neck.

I let out a shrill scream as the knife pierced my neck....

"Alex...ALEX." I woke with a start, and I came face to face with Alek.

I stared at Alek, who had a grave look on his face. "It wa-s-s ju-just a dre-dream." I whispered to myself. Spencer didn't catch me a second time. Spencer had disappeared without a trace and hopefully was never coming back.

"Alex, calm down." Alek said, running his hands up and down my arms, trying to calm me down.

I slapped them away. We were still on the couch, but Alek had put me in a sitting position so I was facing him. "I'm fine." I mumbled, wiping away my tears.

"You were screaming and I got scared. It's okay. Spencer isn't here." He said reassuringly. "Come on." He got up off the couch, taking my hand in his.

I was too drained out to care. I had never had a nightmare about Spencer, but the dream was so real. I shivered. "Sorry about that."

The house was dark as Alek led me upstairs. "Don't worry about it. I would have some pretty freakish nightmares if I were you." He let go of my hand and opened my room door.

"What time is it anyway?" I asked hoarsely, climbing into my bed. Alek was standing by the door.

"it's a little after eleven."

I yawned. I was exhausted. "Really? Well I'm going back to bed." I closed my eyes.

"You didn't change your bandages today." Alek said.

My eyes snapped open. Of course. "Fine." I stumbled out of bed and felt my way to the bathroom. When I found the light to the bathroom, Alek was standing in front of me.

"Your stitches are all almost dissolved. So you won't have to worry about me touching you for much longer." He winked at me before working on my bandages.

I tried to not focus on Alek's soft hands on my thigh. There was an awkward silence. I closed my eyes and Spencer clouded my vision. I snapped them back open. I was not going back to sleep tonight.

"Okay. There, all better." He said, patting my thigh.

I hopped off the counter and turned off the light then my way to bed. What was I going to do now? "Hey, Alek?" I asked skeptically.

He stood at my door, A silhouette in the dark. "Yes, Alex?"

I started playing with my fingers. I was tired, but I know I wasn't going back to bed if I was in this room by myself. "Do you think....nevermind." I said quickly, burying myself in my covers. Yea I wouldn't go back to sleep, but there was no way I was going to ask Alek of all people to stay with me. He annoyed the living shit out of me.

Alek walked over to my bed. "What is it, stupid?"

We hadn't really fought the entire day. He'd only call me stupid two times. Maybe he would think I was just going along with his whole 'bonding' thing. "Can you stay with me? Just until I fall asleep?" My voice was a whisper.

"You're asking me to stay with you? Of course I will." He replied brightly. "Scoot over."

I moved over, allowing space for Alek. "Just until I fall asleep, then you're out....okay?" I said, getting comfortable.

"Or we could just snuggle." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

I frowned and slapped his hands away, sitting up. "I change my mind. Get out."

Alek tried pulling me back down, but I held my ground. "I was just kidding Alex, come on." He coaxed.

"Get out." I repeated. I gave him a chance, and he completely blew it.

"Just lay down, Alex. I won't try anything, I promise."

A minute passed before I realized he wasn't going go get out of my bed. I sighed. "Fine." I got back under the warm covers, trying to keep my distance from Alek's body.

"What are you doing all the way over there, stupid?" Alek asked, pulling me against him.

I had the urge to punch him in his balls, but controlled myself. "I thought you promised you wouldn't try anything." I said through clenched teeth.

He laughed silently beside me. "I'm not. You're just warm."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I yawned. "Just shut up. And I'm not stupid." I closed my eyes.

"Yea, whatever you say." Alek said.

I nudged his stomach before closing my eyes