Why Is My Boyfriend Trying To Kill Me? (a complicated love story): Chapter 3

Spencer had decided to take me somewhere special. Somewhere special and far.

"Spencer, we've been driving for nearly half an hour. Where are you taking us?" I asked for the hundredth time.

He laughed, taking one hand off the steering wheel to pat my head. "Be patient. We'll be there in like five minutes."

I turned away from him, looking out my window. It was dark, but it naturally got dark after five. I wanted to ask Spencer what he'd been doing these past weeks. He had to tell me. "Hey, Spencer?"

He turned to me as we came to a red light. "Yes, Alex?" His blue eyes were piercing into mine.

I stumbled over my words. "I-I um...if I ask you this can you not get mad at me?" It didn't help that I sounded as weak as a puppy.

Spencer sighed. "What is it, Alex? I won't get mad."

I looked out the window, making sure I couldn't see his face. "I really want to know what you've been doing these past weeks. I haven't seen you and you won't tell me." I turned back to him. "We promised we wouldn't keep stuff from each other."

His hands hardened on the steering wheel, and I could tell he was mad. "Forget about it, Alex." He sounded pissed.

What the hell was his problem? If he knew me at all he knew I was persistent. "Spencer, we've been dating for a year. A year Spencer. Does that not mean anything to you? I'm your girlfriend. You have to tell me what you were doing." I crossed my arms over my chest, he was going to tell me.

Suddenly the car swerved to the left, causing me to knock my head against the window. "I said forget it, Alex. It's none of your business." He sounded more than mad now.

This was not Spencer, at least not the Spencer I knew. "Fine, whatever." I murmured, looking out the window so he didn't see the tears threatening to spill over.

Spencer sighed. "Listen, Alex. I just want to go have dinner with my amazing girlfriend." He sounded calmer. "And when we're done I promise i'll tell you what i've been up to."

I looked back at him expectantly. "You promise?"

He smirked now. "I swear. We're here."

I looked out the window, to see where we were going to be eating. My breath caught in my throat. "Spencer, where are we?"

I could hear the smile in his voice. "You like it? I heard they serve amazing sushi."

The place Spencer parked in front of looked nothing like a Japanese restaurant, it looked like a palace. "If the outside looks this good, I can't wait to see what's inside."

It turns out you also needed to RSVP. Spencer must have really missed me. "What would you like to drink?" A waitress said, walking over to our table.

"Coke and Sierra mist." Spencer said. I always found it cute how he remembered my favorite soda.

"So what are you going to order?" I asked him curiously, looking at my menu. There were so many tasty looking dishes.

"The Kaki Furai looks pretty tasty." He said nonchalantly.

"I might just get some Ramen." I said, putting my menu down.

"Didn't you have detention?" Spencer asked, eyeing me warily.

"You know I have never gone to one detention I have ever received." I rolled my eyes, Spencer was acting off tonight.

He frowned. "You might have gone." Then he muttered something that sounded like it was the last time you saw your teacher.

My head snapped up. "What did you just say?"

He gave me a bewildered look. "I didn't say anything. "

"Yes, you did." I narrowed my eyes. I definitely heard him.

"Drop it, Alex."

"No."

"Just drop it, okay?" He glared at me, his blue eyes swimming with discomfort.

There was something definitely wrong with him. I sighed, this was going to be one long night.

----------------------------------------------------

"So tell me you liked dinner." Spencer said, as we made our way out of the Japanese restaurant.

Besides the food I actually hated dinner. You were being an ignorant asshole the entire time. "Dinner was great, thanks Spencer."

"Let's take a walk, okay?" He said, steering us away from the direction of his car.

"But it's cold out here." I wasn't exactly dressed to be outside on a January night. I was already cold as it is.

"You want to know what i've been doing these past weeks, right? I'll tell you while were walking." Instead of waiting for me to respond, Spencer grabbed my hand and dragged me to an alley way.

"Spencer, you're hurting me. Let go." I tried pulling my wrist from his grasp, but to my disappointment nothing happened. "What the hell, Spencer. I said LET GO."

Before I could take in another breath, Spencer had me pinned against an old building. "Shut up." He sounded menacing.

Was he serious? "Spencer, put.me.down." He needed to know I was being serious.

My eyes grew wide as Spencer's hand drew back and slapped me across the face. "I said. shut.up."

Where he slapped me, there was a stinging feeling. What was going on? Spencer was never the one for violence.

"You're so stupid, you know that? You never shut up. You're always up my ass. Why can't you just leave me alone?"

I turned my head and came face-to-chest with Spencer. Being 5'2 wasn't that great sometimes. "You're my BOYFRIEND, Spencer. I have a right to be up your ass!" I felt like crying. He had to be joking.

"Don't fucking speak." Spencer grabbed my shoulder and pushed me-hard. I ended up in a bunch of over turned garbage cans, my head colliding with one of them.

I looked up to see Spencer walking towards me. My heart was beating too fast. Not because of Spencer, not because my head was throbbing, and not because my boyfriend had hit me. My heart was beating too fast because my abusive boyfriend now had a switchblade in his hand.