Why Is My Boyfriend Trying To Kill Me? (a comlicated love story): Chapter 2

"So are you really going to her detention?" my friend Mary asked when I made my way to our lunch table.

I rolled my eyes. "Why would I go to her detention anyway? She's stupid if she thinks I'm going."

"Oh good your not staying after?" Jackie asked, appearing in the seat to my left.

"No, why?"

"I have a late wrestling practice today, so I can't drive you home." She gave me a weak smile.

"It's fine. I'll just walk home. There is no way in hell I'm being caught on a cheese bus." In all my four years of high school, I have never taken the school bus. I planned on keeping it that way, even if it meant walking home in zero degree weather.

Janie snorted. "What is it with you and school busses? They aren't that bad. Except all the he's drivers are assholes."

"Not to mention the creepy freshman. Have you SEEN them this year? Talk about 'Return to Halloween town'." We all laughed.

"What're you ladies up to?" A deep voice said from behind us.

I could have recognized that voice from anywhere. A big grin made it's way to my face as my boyfriend took a seat across from us. "Hey, babe." I said.

"Hey Spencer." Mary said, waving. Janie looked in the other direction.

"Who needs to return to Halloween town?" Spencer asked, snatching an apple off of Janie's tray.

She frowned. "The freshman. But you seem to be missing home right? The next train to dickville leaves in ten minutes." she narrowed her eyes, a smirk landing on her face.

"Cute. But I'm pretty sure we're not in candy land. The whole pink hair isn't going to fly in the real world." He grinned at her.

Mary and I sighed, I hated the fact that my boyfriend and best friend didn't get along.

"At least I live in the real world. Unlike you who fails to realize the entire universe doesn't—"

"Enough, you too!" I said harshly, cutting off Janie's retort.

She glared back at me. "He started it first! Whatever. I have to catch up with Max anyway. Bye Mary, Janie." she paused, looking at spencer. "Asshole."

I sighed as she trotted out of the cafeteria. It was hard listening to them banter everyday.

"I really don't like that chick. Anyway Alex, I was thinking we should go out tonight." Spencer said, taking Janie's seat.

Spencer almost never wanted to go out, so there was no way I was turning this down. "Had a sudden change in heart?"

He ran a hand through his shaggy brunette hair. "Well i've been busy for the past couple of days. I wanted to take you to dinner to make up for it."

I raised my eyebrows. Dinner? "What have you been doing anyway?" He's been awfully busy for the past two weeks.

His face hardened. "Nothing for you to worry about. I'm picking you up at at nine." he got up from the table and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Alright." I said, sounding a bit forlorn.

"Oh and wear something nice." He said, before walking away.

"Please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed his major mood swing." Mary said, nudging me in the arm.

"No, I saw it too. What is that kid up to?" Spencer had been acting really shady for the past couple of weeks, and whenever I asked what he was up he always got defensive.

"Well anyway I hope you too have fun tonight. Try not to miss me too much." Mary said as we made our way out of the cafeteria.

"I'll text you all the dirty details later." I said, winking before walking away from her. All my other classes sped by pretty quickly. Before I knew it, the final bell had rung. I really didn't want to walk home, but I had no choice. It was way too cold outside, I pulled my Parka closer to my body. The walk home was a cold and tiresome feat. I did not like walking.

I was grateful when I spotted my victorian house twenty minutes later. The first thing I did when I got inside was turn on the heat to full blast. I dropped my jacket and boots by the doorway, and heading towards the kitchen to make some hot chocolate.

I wonder what Spencer had planned for tonight. A dinner didn't seem too bad, especially one in which I had to dress up for. But I still wanted to know what he was doing these past weeks. We've been dating for a year and we never kept secrets from each other.I was definitely going to find out what he's been up to.

——————————————————

It wasn't even nine when my doorbell rang. Seeing how my mom wasn't home yet, I figured it was Spencer.

I opened the door and blue eyes met mine. Spencer had gotten a hair cut. His long shaggy hair had been chopped off, leaving him with a buzz cut. "Like it?" He asked, smiling down at me.

I was speechless for a moment. I loved his long hair. "Are you Joining the army or something?" I finally asked.

Spencer laughed, the gesture made me smile. "No babe, just thought I needed a change. You look good by the way."

I was wearing a black short pencil skirt, red tank-top and a black cardigan. I was also lucky to have put on my black stiletto's, because Spencer was at least two heads taller than me.

"You don't look too bad yourself." Besides the hair cut, Spencer couldn't have looked more tasty. He was wearing a black button down, with dark faded jeans.

"Alright let's go, I don't want to be late." He said, grabbing my hand and leading me to his car.

This was going to be an interesting night.