Chapter 7

“We really have to clean all this?” Sophie asked at the same time Sara said “I WILL NOT CLEAN THIS!” “You will clean this we all are going to whether you like it or not.” Jillian shot back at them “You don’t see the rest of us complaining do you?” “No” they answered back somewhat guilty.  Wow. I thought this is the first time I’ve ever agreed with something Jillian said! “Now let’s go get the buckets, mops, and scrub brushes.” Mae said trying to break the tension between the three girls. I heard the girls mutter words like “Fine” “if I have to” and a couple other things. “Oh my gosh. What the heck is this?  I heard Jenna ask. We all run over to her to see what it is. “Look there’s a door in the floor!” she says. “A what?” “A door!” I look over and you can see hinges and it’s darker in some places. There’s a little knob. “Pull it up see what happens.” Jessica says to Jenna. “You probably shouldn’t it could be something bad.” Lily says with a worried look on her face. “I guess we’ll have to find out.” Jessica says clearly happy with the worried look on Lily’s face. “Ok you have to help me though it’s heavy.” Jenna says.  We all help her open it gosh it is heavy. Next we see a spiral stair case roll out in front of us. It seems almost magical. “Let’s go down” I hear someone say I couldn’t hear who it seems like I’m in a trance almost. I don’t know how to explain the feeling. “Yea come on” this time I hear the voice loud and clear. It was Lily’s the girl who’s scared of everything including her own shadow. Now I know something’s up. But I try to ignore it maybe she’s just curious. Everyone was looking at me for some reason. “Are you coming Haley?” Elizabeth asked me. “Of course I am.” I’m not letting her go down there without me I think to myself. Next thing I know we are in a gross basement. There’s moss growing everywhere and it smells musty. I smell something else but I can’t put my finger on what it is. “EWWWW THIS PLACE IS SO GROSS” I hear the twins yell at the same time. Gosh I hate when they do that. “Do you hear that?” I heard Jessica ask. “No what?”  I ask. “It sounds like something breathing.” Jenny says. “Well that maybe because we’re all breathing down here?” April says. “Oh yea.” She responds. “There it is again!” Jessica says. “It sounds like its coming from over there let’s go!” Lily says. What is wrong with her? *SCREAM* it was Elizabeth.

Suspense is it killing you? Chapter 9 either tonight tomorrow or Monday it all depends

Em