Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Finally we step off the ship. I gasp. This kingdom is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Cobblestone streets, stores, happy people just walking. How could this get any better? Just as these thoughts entered my head Lilly says barely above a whisper "look" my gaze follows to where she's pointing, and I see it. The palace and just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I can hear the other girls gasping as well. Just then I see a carriage that stops and pulls up in front of us. Jillian, the oldest of us all, addresses the man driving "sir we are here from....." She was cut off before she could finish her sentence. "So you are the girls I'm to pick up eh?" The man says half heartedly. "Well what are you doing just standing there with your mouths open... get in 'fore flies enter 'em big o'l mouths." the girls don't move a muscle. “Get in 'fore I drive 'way." he said harshly. How rude I thought, but still we pile in, all of us knowing we can't get anywhere without the man. (No matter how rude he may be). Once on our way Jenna tries to make conversation with the man. The only thing he offers is his name..... Gus. This time I try to make conversation "so Gus where are we going?" Suddenly Gus pulls the carriage over and turns around to face me. "Where do you think?" "Or are you all so ignorant you really don't know?" We all give him a blank stare. "We are going to the palace" he says like he's talking to a five year old. Then it hits me. They all think we're ignorant and they would never let a crown sit atop of an ignorant girl's head. If they think we are so ignorant we have to prove them wrong.