Chapter 6

“Girls get up up get up!” I woke up with a start because of an alarming voice. The voice of course belonged to Tutor Lawrence. Her voice was so loud that I wanted to cover my ears. “Where are we going?” Brooke asked. “You girls will go change into your uniform and we will start our classes.” She responds completely ignoring Brooke’s question. Our maid comes in with long brown skirts, off white blouses, white stockings, and brown shoes. On top of the skirt we had to wear an apron. What do we need aprons for?

            “Get in the carriage.”  Tutor pauses. “Hurry up you girls are slower than molasses.” “Now that hurts” April whispers in my ear with a voice full of sarcasm. “Be quite before you get us in trouble” Jillian whispers back in our direction. Moments later Tutor Lawrence had us line up according to age. I’m the second oldest. Our oldest Jillian is sixteen. Our Youngest Lily is twelve. “Ok girls in the carriage e.” Tutor barks at us. “Tutor where are we going?” Sara asked in her high pitched whinny voice. Sara is one of the spoiled girls of the village, like her twin sister Sophie. “Didn’t Lord Cunningham tell you?” We shook our heads. “Sometimes I swear he’s as ignorant as you girls!” she said. “Now that does hurt.” April says in a hushed voice. “Being part of the lowest social class you start at the bottom in training.” We gave her a confused look. “Maids you start as maids.” She said sounding exasperated. “GUS?!?” she yells. “Yes my lady?” “How much longer till we arrive?” She asked. “Not long at all.” “Good” she snapped.  We all sat in silence for a while until Gus pulled the carriage and said “Here my lady.” “Thank you Gus.” She said very curtly. “Girls! Out!” Just wait until one of us is princess.

            “Where are we?” I ask. “The old ball room and dining hall.” She responded. “So what are we doing here?”  Jenny asked. “You girls will clean this place top to bottom.” Tutor says. “Your mops, scrub brushes, buckets, and water are all in the back of the ballroom. Good luck this place should be spotless by sundown when I return.” With that she left.

Feedback? all im going to say is ill have writing the next chapter it will be fun and awesome i promise

Vote

Comment

Follow

Feedback

xoxoxoxo Em