1. The Gain is Greater

Uploading thanks to nickhickdreams, who convinced me I should upload and see how the story goes. Here is the beginning.

--------------

Walking out of the store, he thinks, ugh, I forgot the tomato sauce for the pasta.

If only he had gone back in when he remembered instead of continuing walking towards the exit.

A teenage girl is standing by the exit. She is wearing an oversized cream color dress making her look paler than usual. She sees the young man come out of the store. She had seen him calm down a toddler who was having a tantrum. She saw the love he gave him.

He will be perfect. She approaches him.

"Here," she tells him while pushing a bundle towards him.

Instinctively reacting, he takes it in his hands. When he turns to her she is gone. He opens the bundle and gasps.

A baby. What am I supposed to do with him? He needs to be checked by a doctor. Do I go to the hospital or call 911?

It can be seen that the baby had been hastily cleaned because some blood is still on him, but he is sleeping soundly. He isn't more than a few hours old.

Turning around and going back inside the store he looks around for the policeman that is usually at the entrance and not seeing him he rushes to his car making the decision to take the baby to the hospital.

Once at the hospital the doctor calls the police and Seth gives his statement. The baby is healthy and he would be taken by a social worker and placed in foster care as long as the investigation is open.

In the short time, Seth had spent with the big blue eye baby he become attached to him. He doesn't want the baby to go into foster care. He has heard horrible stories and doesn't want that for the baby. Making his mind on the spot, he asks Officer Smith if he can take the baby home.

The officer looks uncertain, especially because of his gender and how young he looks.

"I'm sorry Seth, you can't. It's against regulations, but you can make the request at the department. A judge will review your request. Are you sure you want to make the request to take care of the baby? It's a lot of responsibility and he's just a newborn."

"Yes, she choose me for a reason. I feel responsible."

"Okay, make the request. Here's the information."