Short Story: Sakura Blossoms in my way (short version)

As the title signifies, this is the short version of this short story, why is there a 'short version' for a 'short story' you may ask? Well we had this writing competition in my school to write a short story which had to have a maximum of 200 words. ya think that's a lot? even after shortening over and over again, i still got over 900 words! But i still decided to send it anyway, and got third place :D

i wanted to write the longer version first then post this, but since i haven't update this in a while, i decided otherwise, hope you enjoy:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Her eyes opened wide, white crystals glistered in the view, butterflies swarmed around in the calm wind, the moment she saw it she couldn't believe what they brought her into, the last thing she did was to say, "This is paradise," then taking something from her pocket while saying, "and this will be hope."

Petisha was a fragile girl with long black hair and beautiful white diamond eyes, she looked like her father and her brother, Leon, was like their mother, blonde with sky blue eyes. Their family was as any normal family in America, Leon usually annoyed Petisha and she would just shout or ignore him, but the real problem was with their father, for the past few years and he was acting strangely, he would often stray away to the moon and beyond not feeling anything around him. Even after taking him to the doctor he still acted strangely, and so the two kids wanted to know why, they knew it had something to do with the war that their father participated in, but why exactly that they didn't know. Even though they wanted to ask their mother but they could see how sad she was for him being in that state, so the kids decided to ask Petisha's social teacher. The next day, Leon didn't go to school because he felt a bit of dizzy, Petisha who went to school waited until the social period finished to ask her teacher about what in war can cause a person to act strangely, when she asked her teacher, he seemed a bit of amazed then he said,"again," Petisha seemed astonished by his answer. He then told her that Terry, a boy in her class, asked him almost the same question and because he didn't ask again so maybe he had answered his question, so he told her to ask him.

At noon, Petisha returned with a pitiful smile, she was thinking about how painful it would be to be in the place of her father. When she returned, the first thing she saw was her mother in a very desperate face, when Petisha asked her why she said, "your father had a car accident and he's now in the hospital badly hurt, your brother is in his room don't bother him, he's as sad as you are now so let him stay alone for a while." A tear flowed from her cheek to her chin to the floor; she then turned away without a word. As time passed, the kids got used to their state, but then their mother died a week later because of an incurable disease, the kids now were totally desperate, their mother is dead and their father was lying injured in the hospital. Their uncle, who knew what happened, decided to take care of them, he asked their father for permission to and he accepted until he'll get out of the hospital, he then sent to the kids two tickets to Tokyo, Japan so they could live with him. Petisha and Leon were against that idea but they had no choice.

Later next week, the kids were ready to travel, but before leaving to the airport, Petisha started looking into her mother's things hoping to find something useful, she then found a shiny box inside was the most beautiful of things which was perfectly made and beside it was a piece of paper written on it, "To my sweet little girl's 14th birthday," a tear then another flowed into her face, she couldn't believe that her dear mother actually made this beauty just for her.Then she heard her brother calling her, it was time to go. When they arrived to Tokyo, Petisha finally said, "That's it, I can't take it anymore," after saying these words, Petisha ran to the woods then up to mount.Fugi where she was out of sight, then her brother, feeling the same way, ran after her. Later in the night, the kids found themselves a small hut to stay in for the night, when they knocked on the door, a guy about her age opened and he let them in. He said his name was Roger and when he asked them why they were out there at this time; Petisha answered him and told him their story. He then showed them a group of orphans and told them that he was their leader; he then told them if they want to see their treasure and they accepted. They walked in the late night, until they arrived to a cave, there in the other side they found miracle, a holly tree, full of sakura blossoms, it was like paradise to Petisha after she thought that her life turned to hell, this place was like a haven as all kinds of creatures lived there, then after some time, she brought from her pocket something saying, "if this place will be paradise then this necklace will be hope," the necklace was made of pearls with a metal flower at the end decorated with rubies and sapphires. The next day, Roger and Leon woke up to find Petisha dead, she and her brother slept under the tree, the cold and hunger killed her, but to protect her brother, she slept hugging him for him not to freeze to death like she did. Birds sang sadly for her death, Petisha's funeral was in the nature, it was in the place she called paradise.

Many people when having hard circumstances lose hope unlike Petisha who didn't lose it easily thanks to her will power and to the necklace that her mother made with love which gave her hope whenever she looked at it. Nobody obliges you to live in a certain way; you're the one who chooses how to live, either happily and positively, or sadly and negatively. In the end I tell you not to ever lose hope even at hard times.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed and see ya later guys =^_^=