Gods

A blazing sun slowly faded into the distant horizon as troops of us disciplined changelings took shelter underneath the canopy of umbrella trees, away from the brewing storm that had risen to torment the peaceful canvas of sky. Settling down their pointy death tools, the war was once again ceased for another nightmare-ridden dawn; it had been almost a year since economical disagreements caused the ongoing 'grudges' to suddenly rise and demolish the building society. The truth was, ponies and changelings just didn't get along. Well, for the most part. Eventually apart from the swarming crowd, Zorrba, princess and heir to the Changeling throne brushed away through the towering forest, finally reaching a small, undisturbed lake, only inhabited by small woodland creatures going about their daily business. Except, they knew exactly what was happening.

You see, I should've given you a little more info before I started this. Basically, in this world, everything is run by the keepers of the universe. It is their job to carefully select six ponies to inherit the six power gems. These power gems have the responsibility to keep their elements alive; this is crucial, because, if one power gem is in the wrong hands, it can destroy entire dimensions. When a pony is born, it's fate is written with every breath it takes, and these scrolls will inform the keepers of their potential. If it is right, that pony is given the gem, emblazoned into its body, also giving it the supernatural powers of the element. Once this pony is somehow deprived of its gem, the gem will be given to another. However, as long as you have had the gem, you are immortal. There are six elements: water, life, wind, fire, earth and electricity. But one more thing. The elements wind and life are only vulnerable in one circumstance. A storm.

The animals knew what would happen simply because they were the ones that told Zorrba. Additionally, the trees and grass had told her. Just beyond the grassy patch before the end of the field, a tall, handsome stallion strode from the bushes, he had shimmering, bronze fur with speckled pearl hooves. Removing his dented helmet, he revealed a thick mop of shiny gold hair, only broken by a striking orange zig zag. Catching a glimpse of Zorrba, he rushed over, for he had heard the news aswell; the breeze had told him. Zorrba had pure black fur with a long, dark purple mane and tail. On her back were two ginormous, dragon-like wings. The only thing that stood out on her mysterious figure was two luminous blue eyes, slit by a neat black pupil. She sat on a nearby rock, awaiting his arrival. Finally , he had made his way over, kneeling by her side, nuzzling her face in comfort and concern. After minutes of heavy breathing and calming remarks, the atmosphere stood still as the faint cry of an infant filly pierced the silence. And there she was. Electra Powergem, the result of an illegal, undying love, strong enough to come over the most tragic of conflicts.