The Fight (chapter 3)

I woke up to my annoying alarm; I slammed my hand down on it and got up to get dressed. I put on my jeans, a t-shirt, and my favorite hoodie. As soon as I was going to brush my hair, my phone went off, it was a message from Niall.

“Hey love good morning! Is that alright if I take you to school today?” he text and I smiled.

“Sure why not!” I told him.

     About half an hour later Niall text me saying he was on his way, luckily we were only 2 blocks away from each other. I walked down stairs and sat in the living room. My aunt walked in and asked “do I need to take you to school today?”

“No Niall is on his way” I said and she nodded and headed out the front door. I was so happy Jason had to leave early for football practice because he would have started an argument with me just for the hell of it.

     All of a sudden Niall text me that he was here and I jumped up and grabbed my keys. I then walked out of the house and locked the door behind me. When I approached his cute little 1990 Volkswagen beetle, he said “Well hello there! How are you this morning?”

“Hey! I’m great how about you?” He lightly poked my stomach.

“I’m doing swell!” he said and I laughed.

“What?” he asked and I mimicked him

“I’m doing swell!”

“Hey it’s better than saying ‘Well I’m doing horrible because my sister was in the bathroom all morning…’ and tell you all my problems.”

“Hmmm touché” I said as he elbowed me softly in the ribs.

“So, was your sister really in the shower all morning?”

“Ugh yes! I don’t understand how such a little person could take an hour in the shower!” I laughed and shook my head.

     We finally arrived at school. All of a sudden Niall laughed at me.

“What are you laughing at?” I asked looking down at my clothes to make sure I didn’t look ridiculous.

“No no Tiff you look fine. I just laughed at the expression you had on your face a second ago.”

“What expression?”

“The expression that you get when you’re nervous. It’s quite adorable actually” I blushed. We started walking towards the front door. Then I heard Jason.

“Hey Niall!”

“Hello Jason” Niall said, I could totally tell he was just being a total smart ass.

“What did you say to my girlfriend the other day? Why don’t you say it to my face?” Jason asked and Niall smiled.

“Alright” He said and walked up to Jason’s face “You are just mad because someone loves her for her. Unlike you, guys like your boyfriend only want you because you’re easy to screw” Niall smiled and backed up a couple of steps.

     That was all I saw before I got thrown to the ground; I knew exactly what all of this was about. This entire thing was just to distract my attention on the situation with Jason and Niall so Hannah could get a cheap shot at me. I finally pulled myself up and threw a couple of swings and luckily, one finally hit her and Hannah just fell to the ground. My dad always said “If someone starts a fight, you finish it”. I was about to jump on her when one of the teachers pulled me back. He gave me a referral to the principal’s office and I knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Mr. Nook yelled

“Hello Mr. Nook” I said silently as I handed him my referral.

“For fighting? Well fighting will not be allowed in my school!!!”

“I only fought back because she started this whole thing” I told the principal.

“I don’t care! I’m finishing it! Now you have a 5 day suspension! Call your parent or guardian and go home. I don’t want you on my property any longer” Mr. Nook yelled and I just nodded.

     I walked out into the main office and used the phone to call my Aunt Kay. It rang and rang until finally she answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Aunt Kay! Can you come get me from school?”

“Why?”

“Because I umm got into a fight. But I will explain it all when you come get me!”

“Damn it Tiffany! I’m on my way.” She hung up.

     I walked up to the front of the office and saw Niall with a referral in his hand.

“Whoa what happened?” He laughed

“I told you I wasn’t going to school without you.”

“Well thank you but don’t worry about me! Worry about yourself!”

“Do you worry about me?” He asked.

I blushed and said “Well yes? Why wouldn’t I?”

Then Niall said “Even if you didn’t care about me, I would still care about you”

I laughed at the look on his face when Hannah walked past me.

“Call me okay???”I said and he laughed with me.

“Alright, I will” he said.