The Usual (Chapter 1)

“Niall! Don’t push me you jerk!” I yelled at him playfully.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know I pushed you that hard!” he said freaking out.

“Its fine Niall, I’m not very fragile you know.”

“But you’re definitely breakable” I brushed off his smart comment. Gosh, I was completely in love with him, but I knew if I was to say anything, it would all become awkward.

     We walked to class side-by-side; he and I both said “bye” as we went to our separate classes. We gave each other a huge hug and I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter around. We both gave each other friendly “I love you‘s”.

     I walked into my class, feeling all the awkwardness being released for the kids in the room. Everyone absolutely hated me because I got into a huge argument with the popular group and told them all off at school a couple of days ago. Her name was “Hannah”. Hannah is the head captain of the volleyball team; the skinniest and the most beautiful girl in school (to the guys anyways.) Although, I think it’s because she is easy also.

“Hmmm, I wonder why it smells like a loser in here.” Hannah said as her friends laughed. I knew she was talking to me, so I gave it my best.

“Oh no Hannah that’s just your upper lip and your perfume,” she just turned red. I knew she was pissed, but before she could say anything to me the teacher walked in so she just walked away.

     After class, I was the first one out. Then my heart stopped as I spotted Niall in the crowded hallway.

“Niall!!!”

“Hey Tiff!!” I absolutely loved our nicknames for each other.

     He hugged me tight and lifted me off the floor. I felt the dizziness hit me, finally I regained my strength. Hannah passed me and let out a small comment, “Wow! At least someone wants to touch you.” I had a good idea of what to say next, but Niall spoke before I could.

“Hannah you’re just mad because at least someone loves her for her. Unlike you; guys only want you because it’s easy to get into your pants.” Her mouth dropped to the floor as well as mine. I had never heard Niall talk this way to someone; he always had so much respect for everyone, even when they didn’t deserve it.

     Hannah just stormed off. Once she was out of site, I asked Niall “Are you alright?” and he just laughed.

“Of course I’m okay. Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?”

“No, it just surprised me how much you blew up at her” I told him.

“Yeah, she just… it pisses me off how she treats everyone. Especially you; anyway, are you okay?” I could only nod, because I was stunned at what he had said.

“Great! Then, let’s go home!” Niall said