Indigo Child (Spiritual)

My stomach was churning slightly as my friend, Julia, pushed me forwards. The noises of busy people around me was starting to give me a headache and the colourful tents with shouting sellers in front of them was not helping. Thankfully, the tent I was being guided towards was small and obscure, which, to me, was a lot more appealing.

"Come on, Madison! This psychic is great, I promise," Julia babbled whilst still dragging me along by the wrist. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure she is," I murmured doubtfully.

"You know, you should open your mind to this stuff more," she continued. "You never know until you try, right?"

"My mind is very open thank you very much," I snapped. "It's not that I don't believe in psychics, it's just that a lot of them are phony."

"Well, this one isn't! A friend of a friend of a friend told me about her!"

"Right..." I trailed off as we finally entered the tent. As soon as we were inside, the noises from outside dimmed dramatically and I breathed a sigh of relief at the drop in temperature as well. It was a hot day to be going to a festival and I was starting to seriously question my sanity as to why I agreed to this in the first place.

Julia finally let go of me and we gazed in wonder. It was a lot bigger in here than the outside eluded to. As I sort of expected, the tent gave off the impression of spirituality. Gentle music was playing to which I was unable to find the source, there were soft scented candles burning, a table with tarot cards and a crystal ball resting on it and cushions seated around the table. I had to admit, it was very calming and I felt myself relaxing.

The only thing that confused me though was the fact that there was no psychic.

"Where is she?" I asked. I was surprised to find that my voice had dropped dramatically to a much calmer and centred tone.

"I don't know. Maybe we should wait," Julia replied, however, she didn't sound as affected as I was by this place.

She and I took seats side-by-side on the cushions and no sooner had we sat down, the tent's entrance flapped open and who I could only assume as the psychic walked in. I didn't know what I had been expecting; a big woman with lots of jewellery and a strange dress maybe, but this person looked perfectly... normal. She was wearing a warm smile and casual shorts and a t-shirt (very smart considering the weather). My eyes landed on the odd necklace wrapped around her throat. It had a carving of a small child with large eyes. Something about it resonated with me but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Ah, I'm assuming you are Madison, are you not?" the woman asked looking directly at me. My eyes widened.

"Y-yes, that's me," I stuttered. The woman smiled and chuckled slightly, moving to sit down on the opposite side of the table.

"Don't worry, your friend here told me your name when she booked the session."

The woman winked at me and I found myself relaxing once again in her company.

"I can already feel your energy, Madison. Are you a very spiritual person?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I guess you could say I am. I believe in all sorts of things."

"Well, I'm going to do a reading for you today. You can call me Rose, if you'd like."

"It's nice to meet you Rose," I said and stuck my hand out for her to shake. She gripped my hand tightly and from the moment we touched, her eyes shot to mine. There was something in them that I couldn't quite understand.