Chapter Four - Too good to be true

Ultra special blah blah: Hey everyone ^_^. So onto chapter four now and I decided that I should make this chapter somewhat depressing so mwahaha xD. Anyhow! sorry it's taken a long time to upload, my reason? I was too busy this weekend passed lol but I apolgise 'kay?.  After this chapter I'll do the next chapter of 'Clutching at straws' so I don't totally forget where I left off xDDD. 

Ciao~x

Ellie ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~x~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Last night was like a new door had opened for me, like there was light at the end of the dark tunnel I was in. Everything seemed like a daydream, carefree and happy, for a change. I was just getting used to this feeling of happiness mixed with the lovey dovey feeling I had over Chris and his heavenly lips when everything was shattered. Chris led me back to the cottage - holding my hand, of course – and his father greeted us with a warm smile while he cleaned up the remaining shards of china from the ornament that I broke, on the floor. He wanted to talk to his son in private for a while so I happily dawdled to my room, still in carefree status and closed the door behind me. I was still a master at eavesdropping so couldn’t resist the temptation to put a small glass against the door and put my ear against it.

     At first they talked about random things that didn’t really interest me in the least. It was only when the room suddenly went quiet that I knew something was up. I listened harder and I heard the whispering starting and, of course it would be about me but the things that were said pierced a knife through my heart, or at least that’s what it felt like. A heaviness weighed down on my body and anger at myself, drained the happiness from my body.

“Were you able to get anything out of her?” I heard his dad ask Chris.

“Not really… She does have a crush the size ofTexasover me though” Chris replied, laughing quietly.

“Really?” chuckled his dad “You can use that to your advantage, get close to her and then she might tell you things.”

“You really are twisted, old man… but I’ll do it anyway” Chris finished.

“Good… I want to get to the bottom of this case, at first I thought she only had sever depression but now that I see that she has a gift. That could prove even more valuable than I thought.”

“Yeah, yeah… I don’t wanna hear the details” Chris sighed, bored of the conversation.

“Your gift could help too y’know… Your wings give another person their happiness so I’m gonna pay you to get as much information out of this girl, like you did, Ellie. Do I make myself clear?”

“It depends” Chris replied “How much are you gonna give me?”

“A hundred pounds every second day, depending what you get out of her…deal?”

“Deal.”

     The room went quiet again after they had finished. Stunned, I dropped the glass and just stood there for what seemed like forever, mouth hanging open in shock. I’m just a guinea pig? He doesn’t actually have feelings for me? I asked myself as he remaining drops of happiness disappeared from my shaking body. Next door I could hear; the red hot chili peppers and their track ‘under the bridge’ playing quietly and Ellie singing along – she couldn’t sing to save herself. -