I just want to be Loved

Ultra Special Blah Blah: Hey everyone :). The idea for this story came from a dream I had a while ago. I thought it would make a good story so here it is.  By the way, it's a little more depressing than I had planned, sorry muchly ^_^.

Ciao ~x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chapter one 

    When I opened my heavy eyelids, the light on the ceiling seemed too bright and I winced as the light caused a shooting pain through my head. I tried to rub my eyes with my hands, tried and failed that is. As soon as I tried to move one of my arms, a rush of pain surged through my body causing a shrill squeal to leave my lips. Actually, when I thought about it, my whole body hurt, where was I?.

     My squeal had caught the attention of someone who was standing by a window on the wall to the left of the small, unfamiliar feel of the bed that I lay in. He made his way over to the bed and sat on the chair beside it. On the other side of the bed, sat a desk with nothing on it but a few papers and a pen.

 “You’re awake” The stranger said, sounding relieved and with a smile stretching across his beautiful face.

 “Huh… Where am I?” I replied, though it came out a lot quieter than I’d hope. Talking made my lungs and ribs hurt.

 “Where are you? Don’t you remember?” Asked the hot stranger, with blond hair and gorgeous deep brown hazel eyes. Why, hello paradise I thought to myself.

     I just shook my head sideways. It was easier and didn’t cause much pain to my aching body.

 “You’re in the hospital, Cadence. Before you collapsed here, you told the doctor that your foster dad came home drunk and in one of his more common rages, took it out on you. Ring any bell’s yet?” He said, only looking back to me when he said the last bit.

 “Wait a sec.” I replied, placing my good hand on my head and closing my eyes to try to remember what happened last night.

    I remember that I was washing left over dishes from the drunken party the night before. I remember that when my dad came into the house he started shouting at me in drunken slurs that I couldn’t comprehend, even if I wanted to. These nights happened more than once; Dad would get drunk, come home, shout at me, beat me up some, then go to bed leaving me in a heap on the floor. I remember that last night was the worst he’d ever been. Unlike the usual beating, I remember him slapping me hard, making me fall to the floor. Then the constant kicking and punching of my stomach, so much so that it brought up blood, which I chocked on. I remember Dad yelling at me to shut up and when that failed, he broke my arm, making me cry out in pain. As for how I got into the hospital, I couldn’t even remember how I got there. Maybe I walked? Who knows?

 “I remember” I finally said grimly.

 “Cadence, your dad is in prison.” He replied looking straight into my eyes, making it known that he was serious.

 “What?” I gasped.

 “Your dad… the doc. Phoned the police after you collapsed. They found him in a drunken sleep in his bed and took him to jail.” He finished, looking down at the floor.

 “What? You’ve got to be joking me right. Mock the vulnerable girl, I get it. Well I’m not buying your shi-“

 “Listen, Cadence” he interrupted “I’m telling the truth so either you can believe me or not, I don’t care. Just calm down before you hurt yourself.”

 “B-but where can I go? You can’t just send me back to the orphanage. Wait are you? I can’t go back there. Please?” I pleaded as panic and fear ate its way through me.