Chapter two - The Secret

Ultra special blah blah: Yo everyone ^_^. sorry for the late upload, I was busy with finishing the third chapter of CAS and then I thought i'd put WDC in the watty awards lol. I thought that I might aswell try it and see how far I get :). So onto this now and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it! :)))).

ciao ~x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~x~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two - The Secret

   When I was in the orphanage, I remember being bullied by everyone. They would call me names like, slut and bitch and pull at my hair. I didn’t know exactly what those words meant until I was older but I didn’t do anything to stop it. It was my punishment, after all, for making mum and dad disappear. Day after day the names would continue, the physical bullying gradually becoming worse as the minutes passed. Even the owner of the building began to verbally abuse me. That was when I shut myself off from everyone. I figured that if I could keep quiet and not make myself be noticed, then everything would be fine; the bullying, would stop the constant need to cry tears that were now flowing almost dry, would stop. 

   Well, that worked for a while and I was almost used to the feeling of being seen but not heard when one day it all feel apart. A crowd of older orphans backed me into a corner, sniggering at me before making their move. A girl tugged roughly at my hair, causing me to squeal but only for a second as before I knew it a knee rammed its way into my stomach, leaving me winded and fighting for breathes as they threw punches and kicks right, left and centre. Before I remember passing out, I looked up and beyond the mass of people circling around the ‘thrashing’; I caught a glimpse of someone, someone who wasn’t cheering with the crowd. She looked at me with an overwhelming sense of sympathy. I remembered feeling a slight pang of happiness and then seeing darkness flooding my imperfect world and that was that.

   When I woke up, I felt pain surge through my body as the shock of yesterday had finally hit home, with a bite. I was lying on my dorm’s bed with no recollection of getting there. I rolled over on my side, causing a new wave of pain to overtake my body. Grinding my teeth together and clenching my fists on the mattress, I waited for the pain to die down before doing anything else. I remember opening my eyes and seeing a piece of paper, folded neatly in half at the end of the bed. Taking five minutes and facing more rounds of pain - not as bad as the last few - I was able to reach the note before flopping back onto the mattress. The small sentence written in a messy hand read:

      You’ll be outta here as soon as you know it. Just leave it to me!

       ~ Ellie.

     My mind got to thinking who this ‘Ellie’ person was until a light went on in my head and I realised that she must have been the person I saw yesterday, looking at me with sympathy in her eyes. I heaved a sigh and thought, yeah right to myself. There was no way I could escape from this hell, though I appreciated that she wanted to help me, I should thank her at least. I slowly climbed down the stepladder of the bunk I shared and slipped out of the door.

    I only walked two feet from the room when, once again, people began their snickering and name calling. Yep, another day in hell I kept thinking to myself as I walked down the corridor; at one point even tripping over someone’s leg. That was the last straw. You know that feeling of when you reach enlightenment? When you’ve sunk so low that the only way you can go is up? I guess you can say that, that was the feeling I had. I’d had it up to here with being beat up every freakin’ day, I knew I was being punished but this was enough.