Chapter Ten

Unedited.

Chapter Ten

"Having problems?" my brother asked.

I looked up and gave him a weak grimace. "No. Just complications. Have a seat—I need to do something right quick."

He sat down in one of the leather chairs and I took a deep breath. If I thought I was tired before, this was guaranteed to suck whatever I had left. I closed my eyes and followed the bond to Michael. He tended bar along with a fluffy red head male Vampire I recognized. Both of them were caught up in what they were doing and at first I didn't think Michael knew I was there. But a flare of recognition swallowed up the world around me.

"Hey, Sam?" Michael called.

"Yeah, Boss?"

"Can you take over for a minute?"

"No prob."

Michael gave the customer the drink he'd filled and glanced in the mirror for a second. He saw me, even if he couldn't see me. He walked out from behind the bar and jogged up the stairs to his office. When the door closed, he addressed me. 

"Georgiana."

They're all dead.

"Who?"

My sparring partners. All but you and Aidan.

"Georgiana—"

They could be coming after you next. A second attempt was made on Aidan's life again today. You need to be—

"Attempt?" His anger swirled, filling his head around me. "Were you involved?"

Michael—

"Explain. Now."

A bomb was planted in his office. Took a shot at him after we evacuated the building. He's fine and—

"I could give a fuck about the boy, Georgiana. What about you?"

I'm fine.

"You don't feel fine."

The man infuriated me. As long as you stay in Vampire Domain, you'll be ok.

He let me get away with the brush off but I wouldn't be getting away with much more. "You think it's a Slayer."

Either that or they're working with one.

"There's a reason why this guy is fixated on you. You're a possible target as well."

If they wanted to kill me they've had plenty of chances.

"What if they don't want to kill you? There are far worse things in this world than death, Georgiana."

I know.

"Enough of this pondering. I'm coming back."

You're going to stay there.

"Αγάπη—"

No, Michael. You coming here is exactly what they want. You can't come back.

He thought about it. A lot. Being in someone's head when they think faster than a human is vomit inducing. "If something else happens, if you receive even one more scratch, you won't be able to stop me with rational."

Michael—

"No. Agree to my terms or I'll be on your doorstep faster than you can notify Sword & Arrow security."