Chapter 3

“So what’re you going to do?” Bobby asked as he handed me over a wet dish to dry.

“I don’t even know….” I said with a sigh.

“I want to tell him, because I don’t want any secrets anymore…but how do I do that without him thinking that I lied before? As much as it seems like I was lying I wasn’t… I seriously hadn’t thought about Luke like that in so long… I’m pretty sure he was with dozens of girls after me and I was okay with it….” I said.

“I know Ky…so you're sure you don’t have any feelings for Luke?” Bobby asked and I turned to him.

“The only thing Luke and I have is history, which is really hard to forget. He was my first and of course he’ll always have a special place in my heart... but I know for a fact that I love Adrian more than anything…” I said.

“Why did you guys break up again?” Bobby asked.

“I cared about Luke a lot and I knew I felt something for him but it wasn’t love… I loved him as a person, as a friend…but I wasn’t in love with him…I couldn’t be. It was something I didn’t believe in at that time, and I just didn’t think it was fair to him…” I said.

“Listen Ky I think you should tell Adrian…I know how you feel about him and I know how he feels about you, of course he’ll be mad and jealous but you guys are strong…you’ll work it out…” Bobby said and I nodded.

I knew he was right… this was something I was going to have to do.

***

When Adrian opened the door I could see he was surprised to see me, and I could tell by the look on his face that he knew I had some bad news.

I followed him up to his bedroom and sat besides him on his bed.

I bit my bottom lip and played with the ends of my hair as we sat in silence for a few moments.

“Kylie what’s wrong?” Adrian asked and I let out a deep breath.

I turned towards him and I lifted my hand to his cheek and gently caressed his cheek with my thumb.

I connected my lips with his with so much force and passion I could feel the nerves exit my body.

I gently bit his lip and when he opened his mouth my tongue entered and are lips moved as one.

He moved me on to his lap so that I straddled him. As soon as he laid back against the bed I took his hands in mine and held the over his head, basically pinning him down.

“You know I love you more than anything in the world…” I said and he nodded looking up at me with lust filled eyes.

“There’s something I have to tell you but before I do I need you to remember I never let your past define this relationship, so I’m hoping you give me the same courtesy…” I said and he nodded.

“I don’t know if I ever told you this but before you I was only with one other guy…” I said and he nodded.

“We were together for almost a year before I broke up with him…after that we remained really close friends. Things weren’t weird or awkward we were fine, I’m pretty sure he was with so many other girls after me…” I said and I could see the look of understand in Adrian’s eyes.

“…that guy was…Luke…” I said and I could sense Adrian’s whole demeanor change.

His face-hardened and he was stiff beneath me filled with anger as I continued…