Chapter 3

~next day (8:00am)~
I send Satsuki to school with a smile, she was explaining to me earlier how I was becoming quite the house wife, and how much I fit in, this made me laugh so much I fell over.

Mei runs up to me shouting, "you be the flower shop, I'll be the customer." And she starts laying some orange flowers on my lap.

~a couple of hours later~

Mei hasn't come back and I'm getting worried, I'm getting ready set off to go find her, when I catch a glance of Mei's hat next to a path to the clearing in the middle of the field, I run over to look.
Bending down low I can see Mei sleeping in the middle of the clearing, I crawl through the small path way leading to the clearing and wake Mei up when I get to her.

"I met Totoro!" Mei shouts

"Who?" I ask confused "do you mean one of the forest spirits from your book?"

"Yeah!" She grins "But real!"

"Ok" I laugh going along with her fantasies.

"Look! I'll show you!" She proceeds to run through one of the thickets with me on her tail, but we come out into the field behind the house.

"Hey!" We see Satsuki running towards us from the other side of the field

"Satsuki! I saw Totoro! I wanted to show Kim but I keep coming out of the wrong thicket!" Mei shouts

"Maybe the forest spirits don't want to be seen right now, come on let's go home Mei, are you coming Kim?"
Satsuki replies, I am familiar with Japanese culture but not forest spirits.

~ a couple of hours later ~

I tuck the girls into their beds the sound of the buzzing crickets eventually accompanied by Mei's heavy breathing, I can't help but wonder will I ever get back to the real world?