Chapter 2

The wagon pulls up at the old house and the girls jump out of the back and started swinging round one of the columns shouting "ITS COLLAPSING!" Over and over, doing cartwheels on the grass, i could get used to this life, I turn over the thought in my head, I could move here, set up my channel in Japan learn some more Japanese? Then I think of Duncan, the Yogscast, my parents, my life and banish the thought from my head.
The girls father, Tatsuo, gives me a hand getting out of the wagon, I curtsy to him in thanks and he smiles sauntering off to help Fujiyama with the stereo his white cap pushed back on his head.
I run over and open the sliding doors and I turn round to find Satsuki behind me,

"An acorn!" She grins "Look Mei, Look Kim! Here's another one!" As their is obviously no time to take shoes off, Satsuki runs along the wooden floor on her knees to retrieve the other acorn, she hands it to me to examine.

"It's an acorn alright." I confirm nodding to Satsuki, I slip off my black plimsolls, put them next to the door and set off to go and open all the windows in the house, the girls at my heels.
We run round trying to find the door to the stairs, when we finally find it we heave open the wooden shutters and kneel at the bottom of the rickety old stairs, it's pitch black.

"What do you thinks up there?" Whispers Mei in a dazed voice as if she's up in the clouds,

"Don't be silly Mei, there's nothing up there but du-" Satsuki starts then an small shiny acorn starts rolling down the stairs, tap, tap, tap, the acorn says on every step it hits until it jumps into Mei's outstretched hands at the bottom of the stairs.
"ITS RAINING ACORNS!" Shouts Mei her eyes wide.
"Its okay Mei don't worry! It's probably just squirrels." I hum reassuringly and start padding up the stairs my bear feet nicking the exposed nail head where the wooden boards have been nailed in, I run and open the window and a flurry of tiny black balls retreat into a crack in the wooden panelling in the wall, I gasp and the girls gasp too from the top of the stairs where they have been sat 'hiding from the beast in the dark'.

"It's ok, there's nothing here now." I smile a wide smile and the girls stand up still staring at the crack in the wall where the black soot balls retreated.

"What was that?" Satsuki asks gawping

Before I can answer we hear Tatsuo calling "Kim? Satsuki? Mei? Get down here! We have a visitor!"

We run down the wooden stairs, with Satsuki in front of me and Mei behind me, when we get greeted by an old woman. Mei skids into the back of my legs and starts run round her hands clapped together.

"What is it Mei?" I ask my eyebrows furrowed.

"I caught one! I caught one!" She wheezes out of breath.

"Caught what?" I laugh

"A soot gremlin, one of those little black things!" She shouts outraged at my mockery.
She opens her hands and reveals her soot covered palms

"We're'd it go?!" She shouts angrily

"Did you see some soot sprites?" Asks the old lady next to me and I jump as I didn't notice her "Sorry I didn't introduce myself! I look after the house when people aren't staying here, you can call me Granny." She smiles.

"I'm Kim, and I'm sure you know the girls, I'm just staying here when I find out how I can get home." I smile back.

The girls both hug me round the waist and I nearly fall backwards, I didn't realised how much they lacked female contact, I laugh to myself.