chapter 8

I wake bright and early the next morning. I go down stairs to fix some breakfast and I see that Jenny’s eating a doughnut. "Jenny dear where did you get that doughnut?"

"From Davis there’s a whole box of them."

I couldn’t keep the surprise from showing up on my face. "Um, Jenny dear when was Davis here?"

"Oh he’s still here mommy, I think he’s in the bathroom."

"Oh, ok hunny, would you hand mommy a chocolate one please?" Then I walk over to the coffee pot and pour me a cup of coffee with lots of cream and some sugar.

"Here you go mommy one chocolate doughnut."

"Thank you dear." I walk over to the stereo and put on some George strait my all time favorite. Check Yes Or No plays then my favorite comes on its I Just Wanna Dance With You. I eat my doughnut, and then I start cleaning, while still in my robe. I’m humming along while cleaning, then someone touches my waist and at first I think its Jenny, so I say, "what do you want baby?"

Then he says, "I want you." I blush scarlet and right then I knew it wasn’t Jenny that touched my waist it was Davis, who knows how long he had been standing there either.

I turn around-you can still tell I blushed-and I say, "hey Davis I thought you were Jenny."

He says, "Oh, well my answer remains the same." Then he takes the duster from me and sits it down.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

He smiles and says, "I just wanna dance with you."

I laugh and say, "Ok, but how did you get in here?"

He says, "Jenny let me in." We are slow dancing around the living room when the phone rings.

I say, "Oh, I’ll be right back."

He says, "I’ll wait with you." I answer the phone and its chuck.

"Hey chuck, what’s up?" I say.

He says, "Oh nothing much I was just wondering when you were dropping Jenny off."

I say, "Actually chuck do you think you could come over and get her I’m a little busy?" As soon as I finished my sentence Davis unties my robe he puts his hands on waist and kisses my neck and whispers "really busy", then he slides his hand up my body, I smile and grab his hand and whisper "Jenny can see us" then I smile and whisper "later" he smiles back and goes to sit on the couch, I go lay on his lap while talking to chuck.

Chuck says, "yeah no problem I’ll be there in a minute, is that okay?"

"Yeah that’s perfect, thanks chuck."

He says, "yeah no problem."

"Bye, chuck"

"Bye"

Then Davis says, "Now where were we?"

I smile and say, "We were dancing, but I hope we can talk some once chuck comes to get Jenny and they’re gone."

He smiles and says, "I’m sure we could."

I laugh and say, "I do wanna actually talk a little, just a little."

He smiles and says, "That’s fine because I also wanna talk a little." Then the CD ends so I go to put in a new one. I put in one of my mixed CDs, the first song is In My Dreams by Josh Turner.