Games day 5

Johanna's P.O.V
I wake up to a cannon. 4 of us left I think to myself. I hop out of my sleeping bag. I feel a cold breeze hit me so I pull on another coat that was in my bag. I slip on my boots and head outside. I grab my axe and kill a squirrel that was in a tree nearby. After I cook and eat it I pack all my stuff up.

I start to walk in the direction I came in yesterday. I have this feeling that the games will be ending today. Just as I think that I hear another cannon go off. I can't believe it's final 3. After walking for a little while I reach green grass. The temperature has raised so I take off my extra coat and one of the pairs of fuzzy socks I had on. I keep walking towards the cornucopia.

When I arrive there I don't see anyone. Bravely I walk towards the centre of it. I stand and wait for someone to arrive. I know they are here. "Come fight me," I scream. Just as the words leave my mouth I see the district 3 girl jump out from behind a tree. I charge towards her with my axe raised high. She looks amused. I stop and yell, "What" in a mean tone. "Oh nothing, I'm just wondering how you made it to the final three, weekling," she spits out "here's how," I say with a slight smirk on my face. I slam my axe down on her shoulder. She shrieks but doesn't give up. She take a knife in her hand and slices my thigh. I groan. I will not let her win I think to myself, I have to do this for Luke. As soon as Luke pops into my mind I start to rage on her. I slam my axe into her chest. She drops down. Dead.

Just as I'm catching my breath from the fight I hear a boy say, "wow impressive, apparently someone's not so weak after all" I turn around to see the boy from district 1 there. "I guess not," I say "good now it will be even more satisfying when I kill you" he says smiling. "Good luck with that," I tell him smugly. I pull out my axe and hold it out. He grabs his sword and points it at me.He flicks my hair with it. Is he taunting me? I swing my axe but he blocks it. He then takes a swing at me but I duck under it. Before I can react he slashes my cheek with his sword. I whimper ever so silently. I take a swing at his calf and cut it open. He lets out a slight whine. He elbows he in the head which causes me to fall to the ground. He stands over top of me and laughs "nice try but you're just not as good as me," he says arrogantly. He lift his sword up and just before he brings it down on me I take my foot and kick him in the ankle. He stumbles slightly and as he gets his balance I pull out his legs from underneath him. I jump up and smile. "Nice try but you're just not as good as me," I mock. Before he can say anything I crash my axe into his skull. I hear his cannon go off. He is dead I think to myself. I won the 71st Hunger Games. "May I present Johanna Mason, the winner of the 71st Hunger Games," a voice says. I see a hovercraft start to come down to grab me. I black out just as they start to carry me into the hovercraft.