5

Paige's P.O.V.

I walk out of the hospital, my heart racing. I just kissed Walter, and this time, we don't have to hide our feelings. I smile to myself, my stress from everything gone. I finally feel happy.

I get in team's van that they left for me. Turning the keys, I start the engine and drive out of the parking lot.

I drive in silence, with no radio on. Thoughts are racing through my mind, all about Walter. I wonder what is going to happen next in our relationship. Will Ralph be okay with it? How will Walter react?

I haven't known Walter for long, but I do know that this is way out of his comfort zone. He hasn't ever been in a serious relationship, like I had with Drew, or even a minor one that had any impact on him. Yeah, he dated a couple of girls, but he told me that he didn't really have any feelings towards them. He was just trying to fit in. He didn't laugh with them. He didn't kiss them. His girlfriend would just show up for dinner, talk, leave, and then break up. Sometimes he broke up with them when he felt that he didn't need them anymore, when their meetings became inconvenient. I know he won't do that to me though; he waited to make sure that his feelings were real, just so he wouldn't hurt me. And I don't want to hurt him, either.

I think to myself for hours until I finally reach the garage. I park the car and hop out, grabbing my purse out of the car.

As I walk through the front door, Ralph runs up to me and wraps his arms around my lower waist.

"Hey, Ralph!" I say, smiling. "I missed you!" Tears well up in my eyes, but they don't fall. I have to stay strong for Ralph.

"Mom, is Walter okay?" Ralph's eyes are filled with worry. He really looks up to Walter, so knowing that he could have died has taken a huge impact on him.

"Yeah, honey. Walter woke yesterday night. The doctors said he would be okay."

Ralph smiles and goes back to building some complicated machine. Him and Walter are so alike. Sometimes, they almost seem like the exact same person. I smile at him. He'll probably be excited when I tell him about me and Walter, assuming how much he cares about him.

I boil some water and make my favorite coffee. I pour some cinnamon in, to give it the extra spice that I like.

As I drink, I find Ralph, who is still playing with his machine.

"Hey, Ralph. We're going to the hospital, so pack whatever you want to bring. We might be there for a few days before we come back."

I sit down because I start to feel a little dizzy. Probably because I haven't had much sleep in the past few days. Or healthy food. In fact, I don't even remember the last time I ate. Was it this morning? Is it morning right now? I can't tell. I can't seem to remember anything.

"Ralph, honey, I don't feel, s-so, uh, g-good."

Ralph doesn't come to help me. I feel like I'm going to pass out. The room is spinning so fast that I can't even see what is straight in front of me clearly.

I stand up to look for Ralph. Something is wrong. Where am I?

I take a few more steps, and then fall to the floor, completely taken over by my vertigo.

"Come on, Dineen, stay awake," I mumble to myself, desperately trying to keep my eyes open. Something isn't right.

My vision blacks out, despite me trying so hard to stay awake. I drift off into oblivion, not understanding anything of what just happened.

~~~

Ralph's P.O.V.

Mom falls to the floor, but I know I can't help her. The only explanation for this is that she got drugged, and going into a visible space could get me captured. If I am captured, I can't tell anyone to save my mom. Therefore, I hide, waiting for what happens next.