{1}

Cast List

Nina Rokhlin ~ Natalie Portman
Jesse Andrews ~ Hayden Christensen
Morty Fields ~ Bradley Cooper
Misty Park ~ Anne Hathaway
President Jenkins ~ Scarlett Johannsson
Henry Richardson ~ Samuel L. Jackson
Officer Wolf ~ Chris Evans
Officer Sheltie ~ Colin O'Donoghue
Officer Hall ~ Ginnifer Goodwin
Agent Donahue ~ Amy Adams

*

My breath was heavy as I sprinted through the shadows that night around the Alcatraz prison.

I looked out at the sloshing water surrounding the building, meant to scare me. That didn't scare me. The alarms were sounding around the prison, and I heard sets of heavy boots on gravel; the security guards were looking for me. It was my only choice if I wanted to live out of prison: I jumped in.

*

I had been training myself for this for months. Now I could see land approaching.

The water chilled me to the bone and my teeth were chattering as I swam towards land. I felt like I was going to drown. Because of the waves and chopping water, I had swallowed it too many times. The backpack on my back was weighing me down, the one I had stole back from the guards' office. No matter what happened, nothing would stop me from reaching land and getting the scroll I stole from the President's office to safety.

It had been hours before I finally reached land. I pulled myself up on the sand with no strength left at all, and I coughed up what seemed like gallons of water. My throat hurt more than anything and my body temperature was freezing. I was surprised I hadn't turned into an ice block and floated above water.

From far away, I was able to see the search lights reflecting on the water, coming from the lighthouse. I promised myself I would never go back there again, even if it meant I would have to hide forever.

*

(A/N)

Hey, all! This book has been sitting unpublished for a really long time now, and I've been working on it constantly lately! I'm so excited for everyone to read this, and I hope you all enjoy as it continues on! I've loved writing every bit of it, so let's hope everyone is into it!

~TFQ1