The ways of life...

Harry.
My new life wasn't as bad as everyone had made it out to be. Each turn I took, there was someone gossiping about how awful my life is now that they know about me and Severus. However much I protest they are stuck in the ideal that I am under an enchantment. Which I thinks a bit rude... But hey, the haters are gonna hate. There will always be people thinking negatively and positively about the things you do. Praise and criticism go hand in hand and are unfortunately only given more freedom though the media.

Overall, people have taken the news pretty well considering the whole student-teacher aspects. And the creature bit. I don't care though. I have my Sev and he has me and that's all that matters. Never had I once even thought or dreamt that such a thing as this would happen to me. Simply the idea of having love, friendship and (most importantly to me) trust with another person no matter who they are is a thought which is incomprehensible. Just the idea of it being someone I know and previously cared for makes it even better. And the fact that it's Severus makes it the best thing to ever happen to me.

Of course with all relationships comes some hardships.

Like Draco.

My best friend hasn't even spoken to me since that potions lesson. Every time I go to him, he moves away, like we are two opposite magnets. No matter how much I try, he always leaves me like he can't bear to be in my presence. I suppose to him, I am a monster. I have changed from the man I once was into a beast; a thing which doesn't deserve the privilege of a title, let alone for anyone one , especially him, to waste their precious breath on such a putrid animal like me.Why would he ever want to continue our friendship?

Only, I wish he'd give me a chance. An opportunity to explain. A moment to show him, I am still me. His ex-best-friend.

Perhaps I should speak to Sev...
-----------------------------------
Draco.
Harry is Serverus'.

I hope my godfather understands how lucky he is to have such an amazing, loving boy like Harry. To hold and care for those dark unruly locks that twist like the roots of a tree. To be able to gaze into the forest green eyes that have been haunting my dreams and blessing my nightmares. Loving him and in turn receiving his... Such an honour that shall never be mine.

AND TO THINK! I was going to try this year. I was going to take my moment of glory and receive the prize no one and yet everyone deserves to have. I would smile, a broad unnatural grin, that held no arrogance, no twitch of self praise. Purely joy to be where I am with the amazing boy wrapped in my arms.

But what do you do when the prize has been claimed and you are thrown back into the shadows of the glory.

What do you do when you can't even bare to look at the winner?

What do you do?
{*} {*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}

"Draco!"

I look at my watch and act surprised. The fake look of horror at the time was the first thing that came to my mind as a tactic to get away. I sprung up from my seat at the table and hurried for the door pretending to be late to something, when in reality I was simply being a coward and running from my best friend. I couldn't even dare to look at him in fear that the barrier I created, the wall I built would break as if it was made of straw. Harry my weakness. One glimpse and I know I would break. Stupidity was a hard thing to control, especially when you are with the cause of your insanity. If I spoke to him I know something bad will happen... I'll end up kissing him or something.

Ice filled my body and I felt my body face plant on the wooden floor of the hall.

I should've guessed he'd do that... Bearing in mind the last time I ignored him, when I was coming to terms with my feelings for him, he had done the same thing after four days.

Magic wrapped around me and I was lifted, Harry leading us to the room of requirement where we always used to go to talk. It was an awkward silence. Frustration and anger radiated from him and if I could, I wound have shrunk into a pit of my own guilt at making him feel this way.

When we were both in second year, Harry had started to get bullied. Someone had thought it would be a good idea to make it look as though the chamber of secrets had been opened again and was blaming Harry. This of course did not go down well. At first Harry just ignored the idiotic gryffindors, but after a couple of weeks more people started to believe in the rumour and within a month Harry had a break down. It was one of the scariest moments I've ever been in with him. Smashing could be heard from the astronomy tower due to the things Harry was breaking back in the slytherin common room after potions. Tears of anger, helplessness and emotional pain tore down his cheeks and I couldn't even get within a metre of him to offer comfort. His magic had become uncontrollable, even to the teachers, and I had to owl my father and Uncle Tom to get help. Let's just say neither of them were very happy... From that day on I had vowed to never let Harry feel like that again.

I felt the spells being taken off me, bringing me out of my reminiscing. With a thud, I was dumped on the floor and an agitated Riddle stood before me. His green eyes glowed like an Avada Kedavra or a serpent, determined to get the information he wanted room me. From where I was sprawled on the floor, a sigh left my lips and my body sagged into the floor boards below me in defeat. Satisfied, he sat down on the arm chair by the fire... Wait there's arm chairs?!  Huh. I get up and sit in the other one not looking at him. I don't want to do this. We sat in an uncomfortable silence for a while until he eventually broke it.

"Draco... What's going on with you."

" I don't know what you mean..." I shrink further into the chair wishing I could just disappear. He doesn't need me now. He has Severus. Why would he ever continue to want me?

"Yes you do, but I'll tell you anyway. Why are you avoiding me? Do you not like me anymore or something? Because Draco I'm still me, even if I am part creature. Even if I am with Severus. I don't understand, but I'd rather you told me now than ignore me forever.  I still want you as a friend. You mean so much to me Draco, please. Please don't just throw this away..."

He thinks I'm avoiding him because I think he's a monster... Oh Harry how wrong you are.

"NO! No that's not it.  That will never be it, I wouldn't ever think of you like that."

I turn to him fully. Well it's now or never...

"Look Harry, I-