CRUSH.

"Now crush the ashwinder eggs and add them to the peppermint..." I muttered as I made my potion for... well potions. Potions is my favourite lesson, along with one of my favourite teachers. Professor Snape, who is also my head of house, has known me since I was a child as he is good friends with my adoptive father. I can remember for my 5th birthday he got me a starter potion set, determined to make me his apprentice once out of Hogwarts. He had told me that there was 'no better time to start' even though I couldn't pronounce half the ingredients. It was nice to see him so excited.

I was so concentrated with my work (and remembering fond memories) that by the time I noticed Weasley walk past it was too late.

BOOM.
____________________________
Snape.
"Weasley! What have you done you ignorant buffoon? You know what, don't worry cause whatever it is I'm sure the headmaster will be more interested than I am. SCRAM! Malfoy take Riddle to the infirmary quickly. The rest of you, back to work." All the students rush around to obey my commands.

Oh nononononononononooo... not Harry, please. Yes I admit I may have slight favouritism towards him but can you blame me? I've known him since he was a baby because his father and I are good friends.

OH SHIT! HOW WILL I TELL VOLDEMORT?!

I just hope the Harry is okay. I hope that they get to the infirmary before history repeats it's self again...
~~~~~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~~~~~~
Severus Snape was sat bored in 6th year potions. He was bored because he had made the potion they were brewing a few times before and was pretty confidant at it.

Over on the other side of the dungeon classroom, the infamous marauders were plotting against Snivelous. Their hushed whispers crescendoed as their excitement grew by the second. Their plan was coming together. they had to act fast for it to work.

James Potter carefully took the enchanted dragon scale and blood along with the knife he was using to crush and slice the ashwinder eggs and the peppermint only seconds before. After a hasty clean of the knife he hid it so that just the tip was out but concealed within his palm and the frayed end of his jumper sleeve. He then got up and strolled over towards his victim, feeling his friends eyes on him, watching the next few moments with deep concentration.

James walked past Severus, knocked his shoulder as a distraction to drop the 'extra ingredients' into his cauldron. Severus looked up as soon as he was knocked and raised his hand to push whoever it was away. Only James quickly made a cut in his palm with the knife. Severus flinched at the sudden pain and looked up from his palm where blood was now oozing from the wound, to the see the face he hated most. however he was left stunned when James said sorry and then dashed off.

There was an explosion not even a second later and Severus was knocked unconscious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Snape awoke, it was to the plain white walls of the infirmary and to the worried face of the medi witch. Slowly sitting up he noticed other people where there too. Most surprisingly though was James, Sirius, Remus and Peter who all had guilty looks in their faces.

"I told you we shouldn't have done that..."

"Shut up, Remus"

"Why am I friends with you? All you do is get me into trouble!"

"Because we are amazing-and you actually find this quite fun."

"yes well we went to far this time. Anyway he's awake! Snape I am soooo sooooo sooooooooo sorry we never should have done anything and now your stuck in a life you never wanted, or should have had... Merlin knows I understand how you feel."

With that Remus walked out with such a guilty look it made Severus' heart clench painfully. What did he mean? How was he like him?

"W-what happened?" He asked shakily, his throat demanding water. The Medi witch helped him up as well as gently bring a glass of water  to his lips while she explained.

"You where out for about three days... you're fine however things are going to be a little bit different. It seems the boys who sabotaged you're potion (she sent an icy look towards the remaining boys who had suddenly acquired an interest in the ceiling) hadn't researched properly into the effects of dragon blood and scales in potions and how they would react with the ingredients already in the potion. They had intended for you to be given some of the characteristics of a dragon for a day. But-"
She stopped and looked down. she sighed heavily before continuing.

"Severus, it seems you have been turned into a Dragonette."

"A what?" Severus was shocked and confused along with a billion other emotions at the same time. It was all overwhelming.

"A Dragonette is a halfbreed. Closely related to the old firedrakes of years ago, kind of like a distant cousin twice removed. Dragonettes look human but tend to have quite a temper though, especially when it comes to those it loves. Whenever you or your mate are threatened you can either turn into a small dragon or summon some of its characteristics to you. Dependant on the severity of the situation. You'll be a dominant. I can tell by your eyes. They are dark and powerful."

"Wow. I-I don't know what to say... hang on a minute. Did you say mate?!"

"Yes Mr Snape. You have a destined partner. They will be like yourself. A dragonette. You will have an unbreakable bond which lasts as long as you live and let me tell you Severus that dragonettes have quite a long life. Must be the creature blood. They will love you and you will love them unconditionally. Its beautiful. You'll never be alone..."

Severus lay there propped up by pillows shocked. He watched as the media witch left the infirmary hauling the other boys with her. 

What would he do now?