Chapter Two: The Sounds

//December 1st; 1:06 AM; Daves POV\\

Over and hour ago, the third day of Dave's stay in virginia had begun, and John still wasnt looking all too good. The kid used to laugh, smile so much it made Dave's own face hurt, even play stupid little kid games like red hands and cops and robbers with everyone... But hell if he'd do anything even close to that anymore. He seemed all but content to sit on the window sill in his bedroom, staring out at the icy downpour, sighing and hugging his legs close to his chest. It worried the blonde, like, ALOT.

John didn't even like to sleep all that much anymore, in fact, hed only slept four maybe five hours tops since getting back from the hospital.

Not that Dave could blame him. He couldn't imagine waking up in a strange room, surrounded by people you barely recognized from god knows where, the one face that shined through all of the confusion bawling their eyes out on your shoulder...

"Dave? Are you asleep?" The small but highly adorable voice of the brunnette called out to him from behind the sofa he'd been 'sleeping' on.

"What is it EB" It wasnt a question so much as a demand.

"Whats that white stuff outside?" John sat down on the edge of the sofa, and Dave sat up to give him room.

"Snow...? What are you forgetting objects now too?" John winced and Dave knew he'd chosen the wrong words, so he quickly changed the subject "Why does it matter?"

"It reminds me of something. Someone more really. But i dont know who..." John looked at the ground sadly

"Describe them to me, maybe i know what unsuspecting broad your mind has drifted off to"

"It was a girl with really long, dark hair, like blue black almost... She and i made... these like snowy angels in the... uhhh... snow... and then i woke up and all i saw was more snow...."

"Vriska" He sighed standing and walking into the kitchen.

"Huh?" John followed behind like an obedient puppy dog.

"Your first evil ex girlfriend" Dave smiled, glad he could make an inside joke and mock the bitch at the same time "You two dated for about a week and then she was hooked on some other snooty prick and was out."

"Oh..." John pushed up on the counter so he could sit on it and sighed, while dave opened the fridge.

"Man, dont get you mope on about her all over again. She was a bitch, besides" Dave retried two cans, hiding the clearly marked 'Budwiezer' labeling with his hands and then joined the boy on the counter "You got me now"

John smiled, taking the can offered to him and kicking his feet cutely "Somehow i doubt thats much better"

"What was that?" Dave popped the lid and put the can aside so he could get up in John's face with out spilling unnessicary liquids over the boy - He could do that later... "Do i detect some sass coming from that mouth of yours Egbert?"

His face quickly heating up, John backed away and put the still closed can to his lips like a barrier "M-maybe?"

Dave pulled the tab on the can in the younger boy's hands, tipping it back slightly to make john drink the yellowed liquid hidden within the aluminum container "John I think its time we played a game"

Snatching the can from the older boy, John squirmed to the other end of the counter, his face bright red, giggling "Maybe we're already playing one"

Without giving the blonde a second to wonder what he meant, John jumped off the counter, hand over the lid of the can so it's contents wouldn't spill, then took off to somewhere or other in the house.