Eli and Meeting Patrick

River's P.O.V. (picture is Eli)

        I knocked on the big door in the middle of the ally. It was the gang's hideout headquarters thingy. They hang out here and do their training and work. I waited for someone to answer the door as I heard running around inside. I even heard Luke's name a couple of times.

        "Oh, hi River." Patrick said as he answered the door. "Where's Luke?"

        "He's home sick. I'm here to talk to Eli about it." I replied and he smiled at me.

        "He's in his office." He told me and walked away.

        I walked down the hallway to his room/office. I knocked on the big, metal door and waited. I heard him yell a 'Come in' before walking in. He was sitting in his chair, and looking really tired. He looked up and saw me, his mood suddenly brightening. He stood up and came over to me before talking. "Sup, beautiful. What's brings you here? Is Luke with you?"

        "That's why I'm here. I'm afraid that Luke is sick." I told him and he sighed.

        "What do you mean sick?" He mumbled, tiredly.

        "He has a fever of a 102, he's coughing his lungs up, and he's been complaining of a sick stomach." I replied.

        "Great." He grumbled. "Well, we can't have him infecting everyone so, he can stay home until he feels better."

        "He hasn't really been sleeping well, so I think that had an effect on it." I said and he sat back down. He rested his arms on his paper covered desk and sighed. I don't understand why they have all this work. They never really do anything. Except paper work. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you guys do? What's the point?"

        "We have to make sure that we have our 'land', so to speak. We train men to defend what's so in so ours. We protect ourselves. If it wasn't for Kayson and I, The Unnamed probably would've killed you by now. But they know that if they go that far, they'd have all of us on their asses. So they settle for jumping you when we aren't around." He explained and I nodded. I was still slightly confused but I understood the basics.

        He patted me on the head and set me out of the room so he could continue on his work. I said bye to a couple of the guys that I knew and liked. Some of them were dicks so I kept away from them. As I was going out, Patrick stopped me. "What is exactly wrong with Luke?"

        "Fever, coughing, sick stomach." I told him and he nodded. "Go on over there and check on him. I have errands to run today."

        "Ok, I will. Good idea." He said, enthusiastically and set me off on my way.

        I got out of the ally and crossed the street, into The Jewels territory. I said hi to some of the guys before I was stopped. Kayson. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead as he usually does. "What's you fine ass doing outside today?" He asked.

        "Not much." I replied and blushed.

        "Remember how I said I wanted to see that gorgeous body of yours?" He asked. I nodded and my face probably looked like a huge tomato. "I have time right now. Let's go and we'll see what happens."