Disclaimer

UPDATE 6/4/16: With the story having been finished for over a month and the constant mentality that I want to fix it in the future via comic or a rewritten version, I've come to realize that this particular version of the story isn't how I wanted things to go. As a result, with the exception of most major events past chapter 10, please disregard Transparency as canon to the main woomiverse. Especially if you are coming from my DeviantART or Tumblr, please disregard this version of Transparency as canon. I'll still keep it up on here, but keep in mind that this is not how things went with the characters. To learn more, refer to Rants, Vents, and Random Thoughts to watch me analyze where it didn't go so well.

Splatoon belongs to Nintendo- all copyrights, places and characters associated with the original game belongs to them.  Only the concepts created by me, RancidRoost, do not belong to them. I have no intention to gain profit off this work.

Trigger Warnings for: Swearing in later chapters, descriptions of medical/hospital procedures, possible PTSD triggers (drowning and suicide)

Non-Splatoon Readers- Quick Guide to Terms
Inkopolis- The city in which most of Splatoon, and this fanfiction, takes place in.
Inkling- A humanoid-like race of beings that can change into a squid at will, allowing for fast travel in ink. Their hair, in the human form, resembles the tentacles of a squid, and can change color based on certain circumstances. They cannot swim and will drown quickly if they stay in water too long.
Jellyfish- Another common race of beings, a slight minority compared to inklings. Despite most not being able to participate in Turf Wars due to inefficiency with their stature, they're incredibly rich and own treasures like cars and mansions that many inklings do not.
Turf War- The most popular sport in Inkopolis. Categorized by shooting, throwing, or laying down ink (using a shooter, a roller, or another weapon) onto territory to claim it. Whichever team steals the most turf wins.
Ranked Battle- A subsidiary of Turf Wars, often only being played by elites for the sake of a rank, a position ranking from C- (the lowest) to S+ (the highest). Typically, these are not Turf Wars, and they have a different objective, such as capturing a zone of the stage or taking a heavy golden fish to the other team's base. (There will be no actual Ranked Battle in this story, but I'll mention it a whole lot in some of the later chapters)
Spawn Point- The point at which teams start in a Turf War or Ranked Battle.
Splat- In a Turf War or Ranked Battle, the act of 'killing' an opponent. They will revive from the Spawn Point seconds later if the creators of the stage have taken the proper safety measures.
Shooter: One of five main weapon types. Hand gun that shoots ink. Sub-type is a 'blaster', a gun that shoots powerful balls of ink.
Roller- Another one of the five main weapon types. Looks and functions similar to a paint roller.
Charger- The third of five main weapon types. Sniper rifle-esque weapon, can splat from afar.
Slosher- A newer main weapon type. Paint bucket used to fling ink.
Splatling: The last of the five main weapon types. Gatling style mini gun that shoots up to six barrages of ink at a time.
Stage- Essentially, a sanctioned battleground for Turf Wars or Ranked Battles. Can be on any surface, such as a mall, an oil rig, a camp, or another place.

One Final Note:
This is my first tackle at fanfiction in a while, so this most likely will not be the best thing I'll write on here. If there's any sort of error you spot or question you have, please put it in the comments so I can improve later.

With that out of the way, let's go!