Chapter 10

"Niall!" I yelled, desperate to stop the pounding that was occuring on Nialls face and torso.

I gasped as my hands were brought behind my back. The man punching Niall stopped and turned to give me a sinister smile. Alex. His eye was swollen badly and it looked like he had stitches in his upper lip. I flinched at the sight of him.

"Well well, what do we have here..." he said laughing.

"Don't," Niall mumbled.

"What was that?" Alex asked as he turned around and brought his fist back.

"No!" I said as I elbowed the guy behind me in the gut and jumped in front of Niall.

"Stop," I said sternly.

Alex laughed in my face but I didn't move.

"Cmon babe, what are you doing with a guy like Ni? You know I'd be better..." he whispered the last part and I shoved him back. Alex laughed again and put his hands up. "I like a girl whose rough," he said and leaned into my face. Before I knew what was happening my hand rose and smacked the smirk right off his face causing his head to turn. Niall chuckled behind me. "Need a girl to defend you, huh Horan?" This caused Niall to stir, just Like Alex had expected. Niall stumbled over to Alex ready to fight but I pulled him back which turned out easier than I had thought, probably because he was so wasted.

"Niall quit it," I said. I looked back at Alex only to be greeted with his stupid smirk, which sent and unwanted shiver down my spine. "Please, just leave," I said.

To my surpirse, Alex shoved his hands in his pockets and started to walk away.

"This isn't over Horan!" he said as he walked away, "Oh and you too beautiful!" he shouted just before he vanished around the corner. His laugh lingered in my head. Niall stumbled out again, enraged at what Alex ssaid.

"No. Niall," I said and grabbed him, "Niall," I repeated, shifting my hands to his face, forcing him to look at me, "Stop," I whispered. I watched intently as the anger seemed to simmer out of Niall. After I was sure Niall calmed down I released my hands from his face and let out a breath of relief.

"I'll drive," Niall slurred as he pulled his keys out. I laughed and snatched the keys from him,

"Yeah right," I said sarcastically.

Niall showed me where his car was and I unlocked it and climbed into the drivers seat.

"Jeez," I whispered as I adjusted the seat closer to the wheel. Niall chuckled beside me and I blushed.

"So where to?" Niall said, slurring his words still.

"We'll just go to yours, since its closer..."

~

"Ow" Niall winced as I cleaned out the cuts by his eye.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I dabbed the cloth on his grazed skin and looked him straight in the eyes. He was staring intently back at me. His drunken state seemed to be almost all gone.

"Why did you jump in front of me?" 

"Huh?" I broke our gaze, focusing on his cuts.

"I said, why did you jump in front of me?" he repeated.

"Oh, I..I don't know..." I said as I threw out the gauze pad. Niall grabbed my wrists and pulled me in front of him. I gasped at the sudden contact. Nialls face was only centimeters away from mine. He dimmed his eyes at me and his mouth went in a tight line.

"Why?" he asked again, in a demanding tone.

"I..I...I don't know," I choked out, "I just..." I let out a huff and went on, "I couldn't stand seeing you get hurt, I-I had to do something."

Niall dropped my wrists and stood up straight,

"Well I can take care of myself!" he stated angerily. He let out an exasperated groan and ran his hands threw his hair. Slowly, I backed up, creating space between us. I watched as Niall's knuckles turned white and his jaw tighten. He slammed his hands on the bathroom door, making me jump. His chest rose slowly and I realized he was calming him self down, or at least trying to. I didn't say a word as he tackled his anger.

He dropped his hands from the door and turned around to face me.

"I'm sorry..." he said as he brought his hand to his forehead, "...its just, I don't want you to get hurt, especially from defending me."

"Its okay," I said and walked over to him, "I'm fine, and you're...alive, so it's all good." I rubbed his arm in attempts to sooth him. He still seemed upset so I wrapped my arms around him.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Hugging you."

"Why?"

"It'll make you feel better, go on, wrap your arms around me."

He tentatively obeyed and hugged me back.

"Yeah...like that, do you feel better now?" I asked with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah," Niall chuckled, "but still in pain..."

"Aw, how's your torso?" I asked. Niall shrugged and lifted his shirt a little. I saw a bit of a bruise but Niall quickly pulled his shirt back down, covering it.

"Whoa whoa, no, take it off," I demanded. Niall looked at me and winked, "If thats what you want." I rolled my eyes at him and blushed.

"Oh my god." His torso had a huge black and blue that looked very painful. I brushed my hand over it lightly and Niall flinched.

"Sorry!" I said quickly.

"It's okay."

"Does it really hurt a lot?"

"A bit, yeah," Niall admitted. I leaned over and placed a kiss to the bruise.

"Better?"

Niall looked at me with wide eyes and I bit my lip. He blinked out of it and cracked a smile.

"No," he stated. I giggled and placed another kiss to it.

"Where else does it hurt?"

"Here," Niall said and pointed to his arm. I smiled and kissed the spot he pointed to.

"...here," he said pointing to his black eye. I got up on my tipy toes and placed a kiss there.

" And here," he said, pointing to his lips. I smiled and left a soft kiss on his lips.

"All good?" I asked and bat my eyelashes. Niall wrapped his arms around my lower back and pulled me in closer,

"Not quite," he said and leaned in for more.