Chapter 4

*NEXT DAY*

"I can't believe you ripped your pants," Morgan said and laughed. 

"Ugh shut up I know," I said and hit Morgan on the arm.

"So did you kiss him again?!" Grace asked and Morgan leaned in closer, waiting for me to answer. 

"No!" I said and felt my cheeks flush. Morgan rollled her eyes and Grace giggled at me.

"Oh Anne said she can sleepover and that she'll bring the popcorn when she gets off of work," Morgan said as she looked at her phone.

"Okay sounds good my mom said we can order pizza too," I said.

"Good, I looooove pizza!" Grace said. 

The bell attached to the door of the cafe rang and Tom, my manager, walked in. "Good afternoon...we working or talking with friends?" he asked in a vexing tone.

"Working, of course," I said. He gave me a look and disappeared in the back room.

"He's annoying," Grace said.

"I know," I agreed.

"When do you get off?" Morgan asked as she hopped off the counter she was sitting on.

"Uhh...in like an hour," I said. The bell rang again and a customer stepped inside. Grace and Morgan fled the counter, 

"We'll wait for you..." Morgan said as they both sat down on one of the couches in the cafe. 

"Hi, can I have a light and sweet iced coffee, decafe."

"Sure, let me go get that for you," I told the woman.

"Here you go, that's $3.50...thank you, have a nice day."

The woman smiles at me and heads out the door. I watch her walk out then quickly hide behind the counter as I see a head of blonde hair enter the cafe from outside. And of course, just my luck, Tom walks out of the back room.

"Ray! What are you doing?"

"Sorry! I uhh, dropped something...I've got it though!"

"Okay well get up...there's a customer.." Tom said and walked back into the staff room.

His chuckle rang in my ears. I let out an exasperated huff and gradually stood up to face him.

"Why were you on the floor?" Niall asked

"Oh, I uh, dropped something," I said with a shrug.

"Right..."

"So uhh...are you gonna order something..?" I ask him, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh uh yeah...hmm lets see...I'd like a...hot and steamy," he says with a grin. I look down at the register,

"Okay...decafe?"

"Oh no, I'm sorry...I meant I want you, hot and steamy..." he said and leaned on the counter.

My cheeks grew a slight shade of pink as I felt them heat up.

Niall reached across the counter and pulled me by my waist, "Go out with me tonight..." he whispered. I pryed his arm off of me and stepped back.

"No thanks," I said. He smirked.

"It wasn't really a question," he said. I looked up and gave him a glare, he just stood there with his stupid smirk and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Talking to friends again??" Tom said, creepily reappearing from the back room.

"I'm definitly not talking to a friend" I said and Niall laughed. Tom made a confused face and shook his head.

"So...are you gonna get something or not!?" I said to Niall. Niall stood straight up and put his hands in his pockets.

"Nahh, I'll pick you up at 7 though...," he said and started to walk away.

"No!" I said. he ignored me and kept walking. "I'm not going out with you!" I said again. He looked back and smiled at me, sending shivers down my spine.

I jumped as I heard Tom bark my name, "Ray! Go clean out the coffee blender!" he said.

"Ughhh," I groaned.

I went into the back room to get the cleaning supplies and came back to an unexpected view.

Niall sitting with Grace and Morgan, they were talking and...laughing?

"What the...?" I whispered to myself.

Niall made eye contact with me and winked. My stomach flipped and I quickly looked away.

~

"So uhh, what the hell was that for?" I said to Grace and Morgan as we drove home.

"What was what for?" Morgan asked innocently.

"You two talking to Niall!"

"Oh," Morgan said and laughed.

"He wants to go out with you tonight," Grace said 

"Yeah well too bad. I can't, cause we're having a girls night." I said. Grace and Morgan looked at each other and held in a laugh. What were they hiding from me?

~

"Hey guys, pizza's here!" Anne said as she walked in with the box.

"YES!" Grace said. 

"So what movie should we watch?" Morgan asked as she stuffed her face with pizza.

"Ooh a scary one!" Grace said.

"NO!" Anne refused. I laughed at her and reached out to grab a slice of pizza.

*clank*

We all flinched and looked at eachother.

"What the hell was that?!" Morgan questioned.

"I don't know..." I said and got up to investigate. I wandered over to the window and saw a rock hit it,

*clank*

"Oh my god!" I said and jumped back from the window.

"What?!" Grace said as her and Morgan rushed to the window.

Morgan gasped and Grace laughed then opened the window.

"No!" I said and tried to stop them.

"Hey Niall!!!!" Grace shouted flirtatiously.