Chapter 2: The Tavern

Hook's POV (Image is Emma's Dress for Tavern)

It was the next morning and the Jolly Roger was just about to make port at some kingdom in the Enchanted Forest called Pearia which was bad because it was Emma's old home although I didn't know that at the time. Hopefully Emma wont notice because it has changed a lot since her last time here. As I send out my orders to the crew about making port, I notice that Emma is nowhere to be seen which is strange because she is supposed to be on watch.

"Has anybody seen Swan!" I shout out and one of my men, Andrew, comes forward and explains that she was in her cabin the last time he heard. Without another sentence, I steer the ship into the space available and we have finally made port. The crew cheer and wait for me to release them.

"Go and have a grand time, meet at the local tavern by sunset!" I shout and they all leave the ship apart from Smee, who enjoys to stay here and watch the ship. I quickly make my way into my sleeping quarters and change into a red vest and short leather jacket, stuffing my almost empty rum flask inside the pocket.

After getting ready, I exit my room and decide to go and grab some supplies which are foods, fresh water barrels and all sorts of new things from one of the traders nearby before meeting the crew and of course, Emma at the tavern. The women who I once only saw as a prisoner aboard my ship now turned into something like my biggest weakness. I couldn't stay mad at her or even by my normal self, I felt like she was my biggest treasure and like a beautiful and fragile diamond, needed to be cared for.

Before I leave the ship, I write a note and slide it under Emma's cabin door in case she was getting dressed or whatever it is women do and then I finally leave the Jolly Roger and go looking for supplies to trade for.

Emma's POV (There will be a few POV changes...)

As I search through my closet for a dress suitable for a tavern, I come across one which is neatly hanging up and I have never actually seen it before. I heard the crew leave earlier and I know that Hook is still around because I heard his footsteps in his cabin which is beside mine so I don't want to try it on just yet. I pull out the dress in the hope of seeing it fully only to be interrupted by more footsteps and a piece of paper which has been pushed under my wooden door.

Intrigued, I walk over to the paper and open it to recognize it was Hook's handwriting,

Swan,

The crew and I are all around the village doing god knows what but I want you to know that I still allow you to come out tonight so meet us all at the nearby Tavern by sunset.

Hook. x

I put the piece of paper on my desk and smile at the kiss symbol beside his name although I have no idea why. Finally, I try on the dress to see it is perfect for what I need although the corset was slightly tight so I undone it a tiny bit. Happy with my clothing, I apply some eyeliner and mascara as I once called it when I was royal and say bye to Smee before leave the ship.

The village was beautiful-almost reminding me of my old kingdom. People buzzing around and buying things made a nice atmosphere. I talked to a few people around town and by the time I had nothing to do, it was almost sunset. Excited at for my first Tavern visit, I quickly begin traveling to which looks to be a tavern looking building nearby.

When I arrive at the door, I look inside to see Hook and the crew in a corner. I walk inside and dodge the bar workers and dancing people who get in my way a lot and I even almost fell. 

"Hey, beautiful." some drunken man says to me as I get nearer Hook's table. I awkwardly smile but quickly ignore him before finally reaching Hook and the others, "Evening" I say almost too confidently. Hook looks up from his cards and smirks when he notices me. The two random women who were both beside Hook were pushed away by him and he pats the seat beside him. I smile and shake my head at his wink but sit beside him anyway.

"You look rather attractive, love." he flirtatiously says and pours me out a cup of whatever was in the bottle, I think Rum. I thank him for the compliment and grab the cards which Andrew had dealt me in.

The night went on with pretty much laughing, playing cards and drinking. It was truly very fun but the time was now nearly midnight meaning it was time for us to return to the ship. Unlike me, who felt slightly tipsy from the rum, Hook was still fully sober and surprisingly didn't look like he drank a thing. As we was about to get up and leave the tavern I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me backwards. Alarmed and not expecting the attack, I fell to the floor only to be picked up and pushed behind a wall which was the exit to the tavern.

I was now outside and couldn't bring myself to call fro help in case the man was armed. "Where have you come from?" He huskily asks me and pins my hands to the wall. The amount of drink I had made me weaker and for once, I couldn't defend myself. I ignore his question and try to struggle free only to have his cold lips against my neck. My muffled attempts for help were ended when a cool, metal blade was felt against my stomach. The pain was almost too much, the stinging made my eyes tear up but hop came back into me when I heard him. Hook.

"Get your filthy hands away from her!" he angrily shouts and my arms are released from the mans grip when Hook punches him right across the face. Weak and wounded, I fall to the ground and everything goes black.

+