Chapter 1: The Lost Sea

Emma's POV (Image is her clothes and hair style)

It was mid afternoon and all the crew were having lunch. The meal, like always, was something simple like soup, bread or the occasional meat. Although I was the only women on the ship, the crew were like family and do protect me like a sister. As we eat lunch, Hook explains our new plan of action for his mysterious revenge which nobody has told me. They just tell that its Rumpelstiltskin, never a reason.

Hook stands up after finishing his food and takes out a paper map from his pocket, opening it on the table and begins explaining, "I have a new and improved plan as most of us know that Neverland was a fail." he begins and points to a darker blue area on the ocean area of the map.

"We will be sailing to the Lost Sea, that's all you need to know at this time, you are dismissed." he finishes and all the crew apart from me leave the room. He doesn't seem to notice my presence at first but when he turns around to finish his cup of rum, he sighs and sits down. "What is it, Swan?" he asks, boredom laced in his voice. I walk over to him and sit in the chair I was sitting on before I stood up.

He raises his left eyebrow and smirks, "If you want to spend alone time with me you just need to ask, love." He flirts and I shake my head, used to his efforts to flirt with me. He sighs in defeat and lets me speak, "I've been living here for 3 years now and have been good enough to not escape and you still can't trust me?" I raise my voice and lean forward, trying to get my point across to him.

He rubs his hand against his face and that's when I know he is trying to control his anger which I still cannot understand. Why is he angry at me? I am only asking.

"Swan, just go and tell the crew that I said to begin to dock at the nearest port. I need to plan some more." He tells me and gestures me to leave him alone. I guess he is going to go in his cabin, again. Thats where he always is recently and he gave me the position of First Mate when Smee asked to just be a crew member, nobody knows why.

"Yes, Captain." I sarcastically say and quickly walk out of the room before telling the crew their instructions.

As dusk begins to set in the darkening sky, Hook finally appears from his cabin and walks out on the deck which surprises most of the crew including me. He ignores the crew and even me and just strides over to the wheel which is what he does best. The soothing waves which I have grown to love hit against the Jolly Roger and create a beautiful sound. As I stare out into the endless sea, the twinkling starts which have come to remind me of home shine brighter and brighter as it gets almost fully dark.

Lost in the beautiful scene, I get woken up into reality by the sound of Smee's voice. If I am honest, he has been the father symbol for me ever since I have been away from my real father and he makes me feel a lot less alone, "Beautiful isn't it, Princess?" He asks me as he stands beside me and looks at the night sky.

"It is beautiful and you know Hook will kill you if you call me that, call me Emma." I warmly tell him and smile. He chuckles before looking at Hook, "Captain just doesn't like the past and Emma, you once was somebody else and you cant forget that. I know that you should be in a castle right now, not a pirate." He explains and I nod but even in my heart I know that being a princess was never for me.

The fancy gowns and balls were not for me and the lady lessons about being poise and elegant were just a bore, I could never be queen.

"I do like it here though, even though you guys did kidnap me." I joke and we both laugh for a moment before we all hear Hooks loud voice giving out orders.

"Alright crew, you are free to go to your cabins. We port at a nearby kingdom at dawn!" He shouts and walks down the stairs which now make him on the main deck, "Also I need to speak to you, Swan." He adds randomly and stands beside me. I slowly nod and walk beside him as we end up in his office room which is also his sleeping quarters. We stand in a silence for awhile until I decide to break the silence.

"I'm sorry." I softly say to him and look at his dark blue eyes which are illuminated in the light. He looks at me in confusion but lets me continue, "for not trusting you. I know that whatever reason you have to hate Rumpelstiltskin is a valid one and I should stop asking." I admit and I feel a weight off of my shoulders after saying it. Not being on his good side is bad enough but we do somehow relate to each other in many ways and I understand him.

He truly smiles at me, not one of his smirks but a general smile which makes my heart beat faster. How does he manage to make me flutter? "Not to worry Swan, I cannot stay mad at you anyway." he says and closes up a map which was unfolded out on the wooden desk.

"Anyway, I called you here to say that I trust you enough to leave the ship and come with the men and I to the Tavern." Hook announces and a huge grin spreads across my face and without thinking, I stand up and hug him whilst saying 'Thank you' over and over again. This is going to be the first time off of the Jolly Roger without one of the crew escorting me in case I escape. Because of my sudden action, he is taken back a bit but slowly wraps his good hand and hook around my back.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun evening.

-

SilentSnowflake here and thanks for reading the first chapter of my Captain Swan FanFic. I hope that you stay tuned for the next update which should be soon. This is my second book published, the other being a Jelsa book, and I am really happy about how much support and love I get from my followers and readers! 

Thanks again :)