Change of the Moon {A Supernatural Story}

A/N: Well this my first story that I ever wrote on here.The story takes place after the season 1 episode "Shadow." Its a Supernatural Fanfic. I hope you like this book! If you see some stuff messed up such as spelling or stuff, then please feel free to help me. I'll need all the help I can get! So on with the story! =)

Change of the Moon: Chapter 1

===========================================

I never thought that I would be doing this job again. I thought that after leaving the hunt, I would finally have my chance of being normal. I mean after Dean told Dad to leave, I couldn't really see a reason on staying. I was fine before Dean came to get me from Stanford and made me helped him find Dad. I helped him a little, then came back to Jess and my new life, but it seem that my new life would end soon. I came back only to find Jessica dead, as the same way Mom died. Afraid that I might lose someone else I love, I stayed with Dean, and fought demons, ghost, vampires, and anything else supernatural, while on the hunt for Dad. When we finally found him, I thought that all this would end. We would go after the demon that killed Mom, and move on.

Easy said then done.

Dean had told Dad to leave. I couldn't believe that he did that! All this time fighting supernatural beings for this? I didn't know what Dean was thinking, but this was the most stupidest thing Dean ever thought of. I was ready to punch him and yell, but stopped when he had said that this was for Dad's own good. That if Dad were to stay with us, then he might die while trying to protect his sons. I knew that this might have been true, but I couldn't bring myself to agreed. I mean after all, we just found Dad! So when Dad left, I took my anger out on Dean, which lead to yelling, punching, cursing, and ended with me leaving a almost tearful Dean, staring at me from the window as I walked away from everything, and went back to Stanford.

That was three months ago. Three months I've been on my own. I got an apartment, a job, and been doing well in school. For three months, I've never heard from Dean or Dad. Dean never called me and let me know how he was doing nor has he tried to get me to come back and join the hunt again. As for Dad.....I just don't know where he is. My family had just split up and I never did anything about it. I mean sure, I miss them, but I can't go back after what I did to Dean. Or so I used to think....

:Flash Back:

I was sitting in class thinking about Dean and Dad. I wondered if Dad ever came back, and if him and Dean ever killed the demon who killed our mother. I thought about how Dean came to get me to go find Dad. I thought about that after Jess died, Dean was the only family, at the moment, I had. Then my thoughts went to the times Dean, and I had spent time together, went on hunts, and tease each other. God, I missed him. If only I could-

"Mr. Winchester!"

I jumped in my seat, and turned to face my professor.

"Y-Yes?" I asked

"Are you going to take that?" He asked with anger in his voice.

"Take what?" I asked, finally noticing that every eye in the room was turned on me.

"That call."

I noticed that my phone was ringing. I reached into my pocket, where my phone was. I pulled it out and checked the ID, expecting it to be Dean, but instead found Dad's name.

"Yes, sir, I am." I said as I grabbed my bag and walked out the room, answering the phone as I left. "Dad? What's wrong? Is everything okay? Did you and Dean finally kill Yellow Eyes? Dad, are you okay?!"

"Sammy, relax." John said through the phone. "Everything is okay. I'm still on the hunt for Yellow Eyes though. But the reason I'm calling is because of Dean." My heart skipped a beat. Why would Dad be calling about Dean? I heard him sighed and then said, "I haven't heard from him in months, Sam. I'm worried."

"Dad, remember this is Dean, I'm sure he's fine." I groaned, sighing as I knew my professor wasn't going let me back into the classroom because of the disruption. "He'll call back soon."

"I don't know, Sam. I have a bad feeling. I called him a day after you left and sent him on a werewolf hunt in Wyoming. I haven't heard back from him since then. I also started tracking the wolf and it's moving, Sam. Its now in Wisconsin, and nobody stopping it. People are dying and nobody is doing anything about it. I think Dean may have done something reckless."

"So you want me to go after it." It wasn't a question. "Dad, I'm sure Dean is just taking his time tracking this thing down."

"Listen Sam, people are DYING! It's not even a long hunt, just find the wolf and kill it."

"What about Dean?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"If you do find him, that's great, but your main target is the werewolf. So I don't want you going out of your way and try to look for him." Dad said. What he said made me wondered, how he could be so heartless. One of his sons is missing and all he could care about is the werewolf?! Putting a hand on my head, I calmed myself down, before answering him.

"Ok, I'll take the hunt. What's the name of the town?"

"Crandon. Most of it is forest, but there are a few houses here and there. Go and kill the son of a bitch."

:End of Flash Back:

Opening the door to my apartment, I dropped my bag on the floor and went to my room. I found my duffel bag and began packing it with my clothes, silver knife, and my gun. Sighing softly, I thought over of what Dad said. I wasn't sure that I'll still have a place here in Stanford once I come back.....If they allow me to come back. Shacking my head, I couldn't get pass the feeling that Dean was in danger. Or dead. No, I can't think that! Dean has to be alive! He's Dean, my big brother, the person who always took care of me, the person who isn't stupid enough to get himself kill by some werewolf or put his life in danger. But if he was going after the same wolf that Dad gave me, then he has to be somewhere at Crandon, even if he is in danger. Swinging the duffel bag over my shoulder, I walked out the apartment and headed towards a car that was parked in front of my apartment. I looked around to make sure nobody was outside, before reaching in the open window, that somebody forgot to close, and unlock the door.

'Please be ok, Dean.' I thought as I threw my bag in the back seat and climbed in the drivers side of the car. Hot-wiring the car, I pulled out of the parking space and speed my way towards Dean and the wolf.

Crandon, Wisconsin, here I come.

==========================================================

Please comment, vote, or share this story.