chapter 1

"Whoever wins, gets a soda okay?" Said Brook.

"You're on!" Replied Tristan and Conner.

Brook's actual name was Brooklyn Eastlake, but she preferred people calling her Brook. It suited her better. Brook, Tristan, Conner and Celia were best friends. They have been since elementary school and they stuck together till now. Now that they were 16, they hung out more than ever without having to ask their parents. Being 16 was cool.

The four best friends loved sports, and today, they chose to play tennis in particular, just at the tennis ground next to the North Willow High.

Tristan was the first to serve. He had toffee colored curly hair and grey eyes. He was in good shape too, and just about all of the girls squealed whenever he talked to them. Except for Brook and Celia of course.

"I got it!" Called Celia. She pounced forward and swung the racquet, hitting the ball perfectly. Celia had blonde, curly hair, always tied up in a ponytail. She had those crystal blue eyes that all girls dreamed of having. She was also the captain of the athletics team.

"Aha! Check out my skills!" Conner spun around two times and jumped into the air, swinging his racquet like a pro. The ball flew right past him, hit the ground once, and went out of bounds. Conner had dirty blonde hair and dark eyes that brought out his mischievous look. He was the school prankster, and everyone liked him. He had the kind of carefree personality that could turn a rainy day into a sunny one. The four of them burst into peals of laughter.

Brook had chocolate brown hair and side bangs that suited her a lot. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail too. Her dashing green eyes seemed to smile at you whenever you looked at them. She rocked at all kinds of sports, except for table tennis and hurdling.

After an hour of tennis, they sat down, exhausted. "Do you know what day it is?" Asked Brook.

"Nope." Replied the others.

"It's my birthday!" She exclaimed, " you guys forgot?"

"Oops," said Celine, "we forgot."

For a second Brook was so disappointed that she didn't notice Tristan sneaking up behind her and dumping a box of colored paper strips over her head.

"HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!!" The three of them yelled.

"Check out what we got you!" Said Celia, handing her a tiny box.

Brook opened up the box to find a pair of beautiful earrings shaped like skeleton heads. The eyeholes of the skeletons were replaced with little green crystals.

"Aww I love it! Thanks guys!" Brook gushed.

The bell rang and the four of them happily raced each other back to class.

Forbidden Battleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें