The Plus-One

SUP! That beautiful banner up there was made by @morbidmajesties- I know. It's AMAZING! They're AMAZING! So big thank you to morbidmajesties for this beautiful banner. And thank you to the readers for waiting this long for another chapter. I really appreciate. I'm so sorry, I've just been incredibly busy. But alas, here it is. READ, VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW, and most importantly, ENJOY! :D

Chapter 2: The Plus-One

__________________________________________________________________________

I feel the piercing pain tremble through my skull before I can even open my eyes. It hurts like hell, not that I know how that feels like. Then the next thing that hits me is something white, and that burns like hell. Again, figuratively speaking here.

I reach down expecting to pull up a cover to shield me from the sun, but when all I grab is air, I sense that something strange is going on here. Slowly and cautiously, I open my eyes.

Where the hell am I?

This place is extremely luxurious with its marble ceiling and marble floors and some sort of cloth that looks expensive hanging on the frames of the windows. I feel like I'm in what many people call the living room, but all the equpiment is so luxirous I'm unsure if I'm in a fancy VIP room where celebrities hang out back stage. The next thing I spot is a 110 inch Samsung UHDTV. These are kind of things I can only dream about, and yet, they're sitting right in front of me. And don't even get me started on the table. It's as thin, glassy, and sleek as . . . whatever is as thin, glassy, and sleek as it. Man, and the couch. I think I've slept the best I've ever slept in my life. I mean, this is heaven compared to whatever ditch I'd been sleeping in for the past 20 years of my life. Maybe this is a dream. It was way too good to be true.

I spring from the couch in hopes of waking up but am instead greeted by another round of painful punches straight to the brain. Man, what the hell did I do last night? What time is it? I rummage through the couch with my eyes half open trying to look for my phone.

Holy shit! I'm late! Suddenly I'm wide awake. I'm out of that heavenly couch before I can even count to three with my purse strapped tightly around my shoulder. I'm running, and running, and now . . . now I'm lost. This place is much larger than I'd presumed. I feel like I'm in a maze, only worse because this is real life, not a game, and I'm about to be late for work. Oh my gosh! Did I get kidnapped? Is this where rich psychopaths take young woman to be their slaves forever?

My heart's beating a gazillion beats per second as I stand there letting the anxiety consume me. I feel like I'm about to pass out. That's excluding the factors of my splitting headache, my urge to puke, and the fact that I'm still on my period. Why does life have to be so cruel to me? What did I do to deserve this?

And then I'm suddenly doing something I haven't done in a long time. I'm praying. My hands are held together, my eyes are closed, and I am begging God for my life. To get me out of here in one piece. I'm about willing to do anything.

"What are you doing?" asks a male voice. I can feel their breath right next to my ear as they say the words, sending shivers down my back. I'd asked God to save me, not to kill me! I spin around so fast, and as I do, I raise my right hand and ball it into a fist. The next thing I know my knuckles make contact with the stranger's firm cheek bone. I feel something crunch beneath my skin, and no, it was not his cheek bone. More like my fist bone.

"Ouch!" I scream as I retrieve my hand, gripping it with my other palm which only makes it hurt more. What they never tell you, punching someone stings like a bitch.