Chapter 8

Alex's POV:

I ran through the crowds of people in the arena, just trying as hard as I can to get away.

I don't want to bother them any more than I already have, even if that means me getting injured, left alone, whatever. I don't want to continue being a pain.

I finally found the exit, charging at the door as fast as I could in these heals.

I got out of the arena, now standing in the pouring rain.

"Alex!" I heard Eleanor shout from behind me.

"Alex! Come back!" Niall hollered.

"Please! Where are you? Alex!" Louis screamed.

I started to panic, turning my head frantically in search of a place to hide.

Then I spotted the perfect place, an alley.

I ran right out of a heal, stumbling a bit but still going. Now I only had one shoe on, so I was running awkwardly, sort of as though I was limping.

I fell into the dark alleyway, landing on my stomach with a thud.

"Alex!"

"Where are you?"

"Please, come back! Alex we don't want you to leave!"

I heard the desperate cries of Eleanor and the two boys.

Why are they trying so hard to get me back?

Oh, I know... They feel bad for me, and I'm just another charity case of theirs.

I quietly scooted behind a trash can, trying to steady my heavy breathing and occasional sobs so they wouldn't hear me.

I heard footsteps quickly run past the entrance of the alley, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I stood up to find somewhere else to hide, looking around the dark alley, I couldn't find a spot yet.

Man, it's freezing out here.

I started walking, then realized my heal was broken on my shoe.

I lifted my foot, taking the shoe off my foot and throwing it wherever.

I started walking further into the alley, in search of a place to lay.

I found a spot on the ground that wasn't wet from the rain, and lied down.

I feel bad for running away... Especially after everything they did for me.. Maybe I should go back?

But if I go back, they'll probably be upset with me..

I guess I'll just sleep on it.

I closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep, when I heard what sounded like a trash can falling over.

My eyes shot open, looking around to see what was there. Nothing.

I shrugged it off, then went back to laying down.

~

I woke up to see that I was laying on a hospital bed.

What the hell? What happened!?

I tried to move my arm, but couldn't as there was too much pain.

I felt my ribs aching, and my head too...

What happened to me?

"Alex!" I heard a female voice cry.

"Thank God! You're okay! You had us worried sick!" Eleanor cried, looking down at me.