Chapter 19

Niall's POV:

I was pacing back and forth waiting for Alex to come back. She's been gone for over twenty minutes and I'm starting to worry.

I mean, after the text message from Chad, I can't help but be worried for the love of my life.

"I'm going to call her." I said to myself.

Louis and Eleanor were downstairs, talking about their meeting with management, I don't think they know about Chad being around.

I grabbed my cell from Aleex's nightstand and dialed her number. I listened as the phone rung a few times, then went to her voicemail.

I cursed under my breath then went downstairs, running straight passed Louis and El on the couch and out the front door.

Jumping out of the house, I ran down the sidewalk towards the park.

The rain was pouring hard, and was clouding my vision a bit.

I looked by the swings and noticed a blue sweater laying on the sand. The exact sweater Alex took when she left.

It was her favourite sweater, so I'm sure she wouldn't have just left it there. Something is wrong, I can feel it.

The other day I remember Alex telling me she used to live a few blocks away from here, on some street named Francais cresent or something.

Grabbing Alex's sweater off the ground, I turned and ran back towards the house, jumping into my car and openning Google Maps on my phone. I searched Francais cresent and followed the directions that showed up.

God, I hope I find her. When I do, I'm never letting her go again.

Alex's POV:

"M-Mother?" I stuttered.

I looked into the teary eyes of a broken woman, the woman who brought me to this world.

"Don't act surprised. I'm sure you of all people saw this coming. You warned me, ever since you got out of the hospital." She shook her head.

"'Mommy, he's no good! This is going to come back to bite us both in the bum!'" My mom mocked me.

My head dropped as a tear slipped from my eye.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I'm sorry I put us both in this position." She said, her voice strained.

I turned my head to look at her, only now did I realize her face was covered in blood.

"Oh my god." I gasped.

I heard footsteps from behind us and I closed my eyes, hoping that somehow this was all just a dream. A nightmare.

"Are you ready to go upstairs, darling?" Chad said disgustingly.

He put his hand on my mothers cheek, but she grimace and turned away.

"Maybe in a few. How about my other one?" He smirked, walking over to me.

He went to touch my hair but I flinched, but he only leaned in and sniffed my hair.

I started to breath heavily, and I clamped my eyes shut and bit my lip as he pinched my arm.

My reflexes stepped in, and I stuck my foot up with all my might, kicking him where it hurts.

He pinched my arm harder then fell to the floor.

I started to panic, my adrenaline kicking in.

Searching frantically for something to help me, I spotted a knife on the table not too far away.

I started to purposely tip the chair back and forth until I fell to the ground.

Jerking my body, I made it over to the table where I balanced myself against the table and stood up.

I grabbed knife with my mouth, then wiggled my arms from behind my back.

I put my hands in front of my face and started to slide it against the thin rope.

Accidentally, I sliced my wrist and blood began to ooze from the fresh cut.

I cursed under my breath, but kept slicing the rope until it ripped.

My now free hands held the knife to cut the ropes tied around my feet.

I pulled the gag out of my mouth and looked around.

Chad was no where near me. How the hell did he move so quickly?

I ran to my mother and started to cut the rope that was around her.

"I'm glad I raised a genius." She laughed weakly.

Concentrating on getting us both out alive, I finished untying her.

She stood up and we both ran towards the front door, until Chad came around the corner, holding a gun.

I gasped and jumped back in surprise.

"You're not going anywhere." He spat.

All of a sudden he fired the gun. I screamed and ducked protecting my head with my hands and my stomach and chest with my legs.

I heard my mother fall down behind me.

"Mom!" I screamed.

I turned to see her laying down with blood oozing from her chest.

Tears pouring from my eyes, I took her hand and quickly kissed her forehead.

"I love you, mommy." I said before running into the kitchen.

I grabbed a knife from the knife rack, and hid it behind my back.

Just as I was going to run out of the kitchen, Chad walked in holding the gun towards me.

I flinched as the next gun shot went of, hitting me right in the forearm.

"You were seriously stupid enough to get yourself cornered." He laughed.

He crouched over while laughing and I took my chance...

I ran towards him and stabbed the knife into his chest, then pushed him and ran.

Running passed my now dead mother, I made my way to the door which I fumbled with.

I eventually got it open and ran out the door to see Niall running out of his car.

I ran towards him and into his arms.

He held onto my as I cried into his chest.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He questioned.

I lifted my shirt to show him the gun shot wound, and he started to tear up.

"Come on, we got to get you to a hospital." He said.

He pushed me toward the car when I heard another gun fire.

I turned around to see Niall grabbing his shoulder.

"Niall!" I screamed, running to his side.

"Call the cops." He groaned.

I looked up and saw Chad fall over, dropping his gun down the steps.

"One second." I said shakily.

I slowly made my way towards the gun, picking it up.

I stared at it, anger boiling up inside me.

I stood over Chad who laid there unconscious.

I looked at him coldly as I thought of all he's done to me and the people I love.

He abused me ever since I got out of the hospital for two years of my life. He killed my birth mother. He shot the love of my life in front of my own eyes

He's made me afraid to live, and for that I feel he doesn't deserve to live.

With tears of anger pouring down my cheeks, I aimed the run and his head.

"Alex! Don't!" Niall said, holding his wound.

I looked at Niall and shook my head.

I turned back to Chad and said three final words to him.

"I hate you."

Then pulled the trigger.

I dropped the gun in surprise as I watched blood poor from his head.

I just killed the man who cause me grief everyday, maybe not always in person but always emotionally.

Running from the house, I pulled my shirt off and tied put it on Niall's wound.

He winced but put his hand over it, holding it there.

I pulled out my phone and called for the police and an ambulance.

I turned and looked one last time at the scene before me.

Clutching my stomach, I threw up then passed out.

~

When I woke up I was laying in a bed with a brought light shinning on me.

I heard an irritating beeping noise from beside my head, and pain shooting up my right arm.

Flashbacks of what had just previously happened replayed in my head and I started to cry.

I then realized I was in a hospital, and remembered that the beeping noise was a heart monitor, which was going crazy I started cry.

Nurses came rushing in to where I lay.

"Alex, calm down. It's okay, you're alright." The nurse said.

I calmed for a second before freaking out again.

"Niall... Where's Niall?" I asked, my voice cracking.

The nurse smiled to herself then pulled back the curtain that was beside me.

Behind the curtain was a sleeping Niall.

"He's okay too. Just tired. You guys will be able to leave tomorrow, don't worry." She said.

I nodded my head at her and she smiled weakly

"Can I get you anything?" She asked politely.

"Do you think you could send my parents in? Please?" I replied.

She nodded her head then walked away.

all done

naw just kidding

keep reading lol

I smiled weakly as mum and dad walked over to my bedside, both with tears in their eyes.

Mum rushed to my side and gave me a bone crushing hug. I winced but hugged her back, then I received a gentle kiss on the forehead from dad.

"How are you feeling?" Mum asked, sniffling a bit.

"I'm fine. Please, don't cry." I begged, my voice strained.

Mum nodded her head frantically as she pushed her tears back.

"Do you want some water?" Dad asked.

I nodded my head, as my throat was too dry to speak.

Dad turned and left while mum sat in a chair beside me.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect from him." Mum shook her head in disappointment.

I stared at her in disbelief. She can't feel guilty for this. It's not her fault.

"None of this is your fault, mum. He was a disgusting man and it was his fault. Don't feel guilty for this."

"I promise I'll protect you from now on." She said.

I looked away for a moment as I let a tear slip from my eye.

"I'm pretty sure I took care of him." I clamped my eyes shut I said that.

"He's dead... I-I killed him..." I whispered.

Am I going to go to jail for this?

Is everyone going to think of me as a murderer?

"It was self defense, Alex. You're not in trouble for it." Mum sighed.

"I still killed a person... I'm a murderer." I cried

"Chad wasn't a person... He was a monster. And he would be dead right now wether you shot him or not. I would have wobbled after that arse with my big belly and killed him." She chuckled lightly, brushing my hair out of my face.

I let out a small laugh as dad walked in with my glass of water.

"A smile from you two is just what I needed to see right now." Dad smiled, handing me my water.

I quickly took a sip then put it on the table beside me.

"I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave. Visiting hours are over." A nurse interrupted us.

They nodded their heads and said goodnight, leaving me alone in the dark.

I looked around to make sure no nurses were around, then slowly got up, dragging my water bag along with me.

Stepping slowly and quietly, I opened the curtain to see Niall still fast asleep.

"Niall..." I whispered in his ear.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he smiled.

"Hey, princess." He greeted me.

"Can I lay with you?" I asked.

He nodded his head and moved over.

I slowly laid down in the bed and turned to stare at him.

I almost fell off the bed but Niall pulled my into his body with his good arm.

I laughed slightly as I looked into his eyes.

My next move I had been waiting to do ever since I left the house.

I gently placed my hand on his soft cheek and kissed him passionately.

His heart monitor began to best quickly as we pulled apart. He took my hand and placed it over his heart.

"My heart beats for you." He said over dramatically.

I laughed as he smiled his adorable smile.

The nurse came running in.

She sighed and laughed.

"You gave me a heart attack. I thought there was something happening. If any of the other nurses ask, I didn't see you two like this." She winked, then turned and left.

I kissed Niall's cheek then snuggled into his chest.

"Goodnight, Alex. I love you." Niall whispered.

"Night, Niall. I love you too."

And with that we both fell into a deep sleep.

(A/N): my apologies for the crappy and sad chapter.

And sorry for the random gap in the middle I wanted to try and make things less depressing by (annoying) you lol

I'll try and make the next chapter less sad lol

Directioner talk:

THIS US IS WAS PERFECT OMFG WHO SAW IT?!

I loved the conversation they had on the bus about who farted lol I'm usually Niall when someone accuses me of farting lol

Comment your favourite part :}

Thanks so much for everything guys! Seeing your positive comments keeps me the slightest bit happy while I'm bummed out about school !

Love you guys! (No creepo)

- Corrina :p