Memories Part 2 Chapter 3

"Sixty." The white dragonslayer had stopped talking long ago. Turning around, Rogue cautiously stepped into the cave; the place where so much of his childhood had been spent.

"Sting this is stupid." No answer.

"I can't see," he complained, but both knew it was bullshit. Rogue was a shadow dragonslayer, being in the darkness was to his advantage. Sighing once more, he slipped into the shadows, just as he had done so long ago.

He was bright white, stark against the darkness. Contrasting yet complementing. He was beautiful.

"Catch me if you can," he called out, laughter lighting up the dark cavern in ways light(change) never could. And just like that, he set Rogue's very soul ablaze.

-

The shadow dragonslayer had to give it to him; he moved fast. Always one step ahead, the quiet one was forced to follow, chasing him endlessly through the cave. They twisted and turned, circling each other, merging and breaking apart. Light and darkness. Opposite but the same, for one could not exist without the other. And I cannot be without you, he thought. I love you. I love you.

Like Yin and Yang, forever apart but always together. Each holding a part of the other. One only they could see. Rogue shielded his eyes as Sting came closer, light blinding him much like the love the shadow mage had for his friend.

Arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him closer, closer. He felt the other's lips on his, kissing him roughly. They were just as soft as he had imagined.

"Gotcha," Sting said, cradling the other boy's cheek with his calloused hand.