chapter XVIII

It was a few weeks after Bobby's death and the Winchester's still did not grasp the concept of moving on. Sam was constantly on his computer or going out of town doing who knows what, and Dean was constantly fixing cars in Bobby's shop.

  Luckily, Charlotte being raised as a Singer, finally had enough of this nonsense and made sure to make this aware to the men. It hurt to move on after a big death like that, but she knew Bobby would have wanted them to.

  On that sunny afternoon, she marched herself towards Dean who was bent over the hood of a truck fixing the engine and grabbed his dirty and sweaty arm.

  "Woah woah woah, what're you doing?!" Dean exclaimed as Charlotte began dragging him inside the house.

  "Something I should have done a long time ago," she replied, leaving him with nothing else to say.

  As they entered the house, the pair came face to face to Sam who was about to reach for the keys of his car.

  "Hold it right there," Charlotte said, her hand still on Dean's arm. Sam stopped in his tracks.

  "What's going on, Lottie?" Dean questioned. Charlotte dropped her hand from Dean's arm and looked between the two men.

  "Guys, let's go hunting."

  Both men stared at Charlotte before looking down to the floor, thinking about what she said. 

  "I guess it really has been a while," Sam said in agreement.

  "Exactly, and Bobby wouldn't want to see you two idjits moping around. Come on, it's been weeks, I'm sure there's something," Charlotte replied.

  Dean remained silent. He began to turn around to walk out, but Charlotte caught his arm, which tensed up at her touch.

  "Hey, this includes you too you know," she said softly.

  Without making eye contact and looking to the floor he quietly said, "I know, I'll go. Just tell me if you find something."

  Charlotte looked back at Sam, circumspect about whether or not he would be willing to actually go out after their traumatic experience. Seeing the wary look on her face, he spoke up.

  "So get this, I think there may even be something in the area. I saw in the headlines yesterday morning that there have been cases of people missing and some even turning up dead. It appeared as if their bodies were more unharmed and they were probably comatose before their death."

  "So, a djinn?"

  "That's what I'm thinking," Sam said, walking over to his laptop to show Charlotte the information he had seen so far. Charlotte walked over with him, analyzing the headlines of some reports in the area about people randomly entering into comas.

  "This is pretty cool, I've never hunted a djinn before," she said excitedly, recalling the brief times she had skimmed over Bobby's books and read about the mysterious djinns.

  "May seem cool," Sam said, looking at Charlotte, "but they're actually pretty difficult to handle. We got to be careful so that they don't poison us because--"