CHAPTER 19---- SACRIFICE

“Commander do you think they will pass the final test?” tanong no Jillian- the woman behind the voice of all the computers on the vicinity. Kasalukuyang nagkakape noon ang commander sa taas ng verandah ng Head Quarters.

“I have a big hope on this world Jillian. I know that vampire world will change one day. And I think that hope has finally arrives. This team will change it.” Anito while looking at the wide vicinity na tanaw na tanaw mula sa lugar na iyon.

“I don’t think I get it commander.” Ani Jillian in a confusing tone habang kakamot kamot sa ulo. She is the right hand and the second brain of the entire No Clan. Since the Commander adopted her and discovered that she is a genius all of the entire Clan called her ‘the living computer.’ And since then bukod sa anak nitong si Zach ay sya na ang pinagklakatiwalaan nito sa mga top secret missions ng Clan.

“Hahhahha, sometimes you have to trust your heart and not just your eyes.” Makahulugan nitong wika. Saka ngumiti ulit. “I quote it from one of the computer games you teach me to play.” Said the commander then sip the entire coffee.

Nakangiwi na lang na nguimiti si Jillian dito. She knows how dangerous the last mission is. She’s hoping that all of the six will come back safe and sound dahil kung hindi the Hope that the commander is talking about will turn into despair.

Habang tahimik na naglalakad si Earl at Chantele ay huminto si Chantele at tumingala sa maliwanag na kalangitan.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” asked Earl

“I think it will rain…” seryoso nitong sagot at bago pa makatutol si Earl ay nagsalita ulit si Chnatele. “…and not just an ordinary rain. A storm.”

Humagalpak naman ng tawa si Earl.

“hahahahahha… are you kidding Chantele? Seriously,that was a funny one.” Ani Earl in controlled laughter. Ayaw naman nya kasing maoffend itong si Chnatele. Minsan lang ito mag joke kaya sasakyan na nya. But the pensive look on Chantele’s blunt face didn’t even change a bit.

“I’m serious.”

On that moment sumeryoso na din si Earl. Besides she knew that this fairy never throw a joke to anyone.

“The sun is so bright! How on earth that a storm is about to come?” nagtatakang wika nya while pointing at the bright sky with birds flying through the south.

“Earl, sometimes we are too blinded by what we see and didn’t consider what we hear or feel.” Makahulugan nitong wika. “We have to warn others… I can’t explain the feeling but I know that something bad is about to happen.” Suhestyon ni Chantele.

Napakunot naman ng noo si Earl. Hmmmm… very rare na mangyari ito. Chantele is not the type of person na mamimilit kung di tlga kailangang kailangan.

“Wait how many percent na sure ka about this? You don’t have any magic now to know if a storm is coming.”

“100% Let’s go!” anito and this time she used a commanding tone on him as if telling him to follow her or die there. Kaya naman sumunod na sya dito. 

Sa pampang sila unang nagpunta hoping na nakabalik na din ang mga kasamahan sa paghahanap ng kung nasaan man ang finish line na iyon pero wala doon ang mga kaibigan. Earl is really observing Chantele’s actions. She is surely bothered at di ito mapakali. This is the first time na nakita nya itong ganito. Chantele is always composed, unemotional and implacable. This is a very infrequent situation.

“Wait. What’s happening to you? You’re always calm and I think not even Satan can let your guard down… what’s the matter Chantele?”  pigil nya dito habang pauli uli ito sa paglalakad.