CHAPTER 13--- A Painful Choice

“Zach going to the Crimsons now is suicide you know that!” ani Aria kay Zach habang nasa tuktok sila ng isang matarik na bundok at buhat doon ay tanaw na tanaw nila ang malaking city ng mga Crimson’s. Ito marahil ang main base ng mga Crimsons. Gabi n noon kaya nmn puning puno ng ilaw ang lugar.

“I have to kill the leader of this Clan! Count Lucas Delacroix!! I’ll kill him in my own hands!” galit nitong wika na hindi pa din nagbabago ang galit sa mga mata. Nakalabas pa din ang nangigigil at matutulis nitong kuko.

“Yeah sure just do it. But I’m sure that before you reach that tower…” ani Aria at itinuro pa ang pinakamataas n building sa lugar n iyon na kung saan doon nakatira si Lucas Delacroix  “…you’re good as dead!!”

“You don’t understand what I’m feeling.”  Mahina nitong wika pero puno ng diin ang mga salita.

“Don’t be stupid Zach! And don’t waste your mother’s death for this. When you die there… it means you failed her. She sacrificed her life for you to live! She chose to reveal the theory to the Crimsons for you to live! And now what? What you are about to do now proves that you’re not worth it for those big sacrifices of your mother!”

Dahan dahan itong tumingin sa knya. His Royal red eyes are full of hatred, bitterness and sorrow. It gives her goosebumps. The stare is freezing her not just his body but also his soul. Then lumapit ito sa kanya. His breath is also as cold as snow.

“All my life… I served my clan. They treated me like nothing happens. And just now…  I find out that they do betray me. Ikaw Aria, what are you gonna do when you found out that the Clan whom you treated like a family deceived you? What are you gonna do if you found out that your own mother whom you thought abandoned you for a thousand years  sacrificed her life for you to live?! I hated her! I hated her with all my life! But… but she doesn’t deserve it!! She doesn’t deserve it Aria!!

Nagulat si Aria sa mga sinabi ni Zach. Hindi nya akalain na ganito pla kabigat ang nararamdaman ni Zach. Sa grupo kasi ay lagi lamang itong chill. Ngayon nya lamang nakita ang emosyong ito ni Zach. It looks like he is in his most vulnerable version of himself now. Then there it goes… a tear fell from his eyes. Walang masabi si Aria kaya pinili na lng nya ang manahimik habang nakatingin pa din kay Zach. Sabi nga nila when someone shares their problem with you don’t listen with the intent to reply hear what is being said with the intent to understand.  And now she thinks she understand kung gaano kahirap at kasakit ang pinagdadaanang ito ni Zach.  Unti unting umangat ang kamay ni Aria. She wiped the tears falling from his eyes. Then she just hugged him tight. Shocked naman at naguguluhan si Zach sa ginawang iyon ni Aria. He didn’t expect it from her. Maybe… maybe this is what he needs all along, someone who will understand him. Someone who will just hug him like that when every words has been said. And Aria seems to be the only one who knows that.

“Aria.” Mahina at kalmadong wika ni Zach. Aria just felt a tickle in his heart. How can this vampire say his name in a striking manner like that. Kumalas sya sa pagkakayakap then look at him. His eyes and nails turned into normal again. Zach tucks strands of her hair on her ears then stares at her. And this time kakaiba na ang mag titig nito. Bakit ba ganoon? Ani Aria sa sarili. Everytime na magbabago ang mga mata nito lagging may epekto iyon sa kanya. The weight of his stares now is not like before na puno ng galit. The stare now is soft and…hmmm how can she describe it? Caring?? Yeah, caring is the right word to define his glare now. Then his eyes travel through her lips. Aria swallowed. Teka… is he going to… Oh God! What should she do? Nagrarambulan na lahat ng neurons nya sa utak sa sobrang pagiisip even her heart is racing. Ramdam na ramdam nya how her heart wanted to get out from her chest. Great! Now she’s palpitating. What is going on with her? Ano ba ang pinagkaiba ng titig sa mata at titig sa lips? Bakit ganito ang nararamdaman nya? Zach holds her chin at maya maya pa’y sobrang lapit na ng lips nila sa isa’t isa. Pumikit na lamang si Aria sa sobrang kalituhan. At totoo nga pala talga ang butterflies in the stomach na sinasabi ng mga tao because she is actually feeling it right now!! Aria waited. But then no lip touches her. Kahit ngipin wala! That is the moment she opened her eyes. Zach is still there an inch away in her face but then she looks now into his cold royal red eyes it was sad.