Chapter 7: Salutations

Have a Tsukki on his dinosaur. Hehe. Can't draw.
========================

"Are you on the volleyball team by any chance?" Asked Rei, looking mildly curious.

"Yeah! You're definitely the one she told us about! Okay, come with us!"

"Huh?" Rei barely managed to utter before having her wrist grabbed and was tugged down the hallways, stairs and through doors by the ginger. They stood outside the gym entrance, the ginger panting slightly but Rei looking as if nothing had happened, albeit being slightly disgruntled.

"Uuooohhh! We're so lucky! Yachi just joined, and now you!"

"Who said I had joined? I don't even know your name."

"Aha... Oh yeah." He seemed to perk up a bit. "Well, I'm Hinata Shōyō! Nice to meet you!" Said Hinata, a wide grin plastered across his face.

"Oh, and that's Bakageyama Tobio!" He said, pointing at the raven haired boy that just emerged through the doors behind them.

"Oi, I heard that, dumbass Hinata!" He said, going for a so-called 'skull-crusher'.

"Hey, Bakageyama?"

"It's Kageyama."

"Ah, okay. Hey, Kags?"

"Huh? What?" Said Kageyama, looking slightly confused by the name.

"I'm Koizumi Rei, by the way."

"Yachi said."

"Fine, just call me Rei, okay?"

"Right. Rei." She nodded after he spoke, and turned around to see Hinata looking like he had to pee. Let's hope he's just excited.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She said, walking hesitantly towards the brightly lit doors. Okay, I can do this, just pretend you're confident. Breeeaaatheeee...

She jumped up the steps, trying to suppress the nervous energy pumping through her. As she peered round the door, she saw a silhouette leap through the air, the bright lights shining behind it and casting a shadow over her face. The figure's hand came down, and a ball went flying at the floor on the other side of the net. She stood unmoving, captured by the movement.

"Woah..." She breathed as the figure landed firmly on the ground, sweat rolling down their face and well-muscled arms.

She felt a nudge, and stumbled into the gym after Hinata gave her a light push. She froze as all eyes turned her way, her heart hammering like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

"Um, everyone... This is Koizumi Rei, the one I told you about yesterday." Yachi explained, Kageyama moving to block the exit as Rei suddenly tried to escape through the doors. Rei looked back around and saw a scarily large amount of tall people standing in front of her. Wait, except for one that was about five centimetres shorter than her and had part of his hair bleached blonde.

"S-salutations!" She shouted. What the actual hell? I have no social skills at all, I should go find a comfy corner to cry in.

Salutations..? They all thought.

"Well, I guess we should introduce ourselves," Said a silver-haired boy with a mole by his left eye. "I'm Suguwara Kōshi, I'm a third year and vice-captain. Nice to meet you, Koizumi-san!" He gave her a radiant smile.

"H-hi! Just Rei is fine," she said to them all. "Nice to meet you too!" You could almost see her cheeks slowly turn a light shade of pink from embarrassment. Another older-looking boy with short brown hair stepped forward, introducing himself as "Daichi Sawamura, another third-year and captain of the team." He held out his hand for her to shake and Rei took it, desperately hoping that her hands weren't too sweaty. Oh, but he's sweaty too. "That one over there is Azumane Asahi, the ace of the team." He said, pointing at another boy with longer brown hair and a sheepish expression.

"I can introduce myself you know, Daichi..." He said quietly, rubbing the back of his head. He looks like a nice person, kind of like a big teddy bear...

Rei felt an intense gaze burning into her, and she looked away to see two boys hiding behind Suga, cautiously peering out from behind him with a nervous blush on their cheeks. Suga saw that she was looking at them and roughly shoved them forwards, a bright yet dangerous smile on his face.

"Why don't you two introduce yourselves as well? You were the most excited about her coming, weren't you?" The shorter one with the spiky hair stepped towards her timidly, and she tried her best to give him an encouraging smile but this soon turned to a look of worry as he fell flat on his face in front of her feet.

"Uh, are you alright?"

"She... She smiled at me right off the bat... So lucky..." He seemed to be in a trance with tears running down his face, and when she crouched down to see if he was indeed alright, the tips of her very short hair brushing his cheeks, his face turned white and his soul seemed to disappear from his body.

"Noya! Don't die on me!" Shouted the taller, bald one that had been the other in the pair as he shook Noya's shoulders and attempted to resuscitate him. Rei didn't know what to do in this kind of situation, so she dithered and flapped her hands a bit before resorting to CPR, when an incredibly tall and lanky blonde with glasses walked over and smirked down at him.

"You look so pathetic, almost as bad as Hinata. And you're supposed to be our senpai?"

This seemed to breathe life back into Noya's limp form, and he sat up straight with a new passion in his eyes.

"Shut up, Tsukishima! I'll prove that I am truly worthy of being your senpai!" He shouted and turned to Rei, who had by now backed away and was sitting a good two metres from him.

"G-good to see you! I'm Nishinoya Yū, and I'm a second year so that makes me your senpai! I'm the team's libero!" Libero..? That must be a position... And he's a senpai, right? Okay then...

"Er... Hello, Yū-senpai!"

"U-urggh!" He fell back down onto the floor, looking much the same as he had before.

"Again? Is he always like this?" She questioned with one eyebrow raised.

"Aha, no, I think he just wasn't expecting you to call him by his first name and senpai straight away..." Said Suga, answering her question.

"Ooh, hang on, I think he's saying something." She paused, straining to listen as Noya rasped,

"So... You... You... Really want a Gari-Gari Kun, huh?"

"Eh? What's a Gari-Gari Kun?"

"Oh! It's an ice cream he likes!" Hinata chipped in, having stayed remarkably silent the whole time.

"Ice cream? I like ice cream, but I never said I wanted one."

"I'll... I'll... Buy you one... After practice... Because... I'm your senpai!" He said, looking proud with himself and glaring up at Tsukishima who smirked.

"Oi, don't pick on Yū-senpai."

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Because it's polite, Tsushitshima."