Unexpected Master

Remember how I said I was visiting the special doctor because my parents thought I was psycho? Well one day I was playing around with the fire in Mr. Demus’s office. I just twirling it around my finger when Mr. Demus walked in. I stopped and the flame went out. Mr. Demus raised an eyebrow and shook his head.

“Never do that again Logan, especially when you are not shielded by the protective charm,” he said gently and set down his suitcase. I had to admit, what did the old man know about magic?

“You know what I can do?” I asked.

“I had my suspicions of course, but now I know the truth.”

“So you know about me being able to control the elements and doing spells?” Mr. Demus nodded and sat down in his chair.

“Yes, Logan if you really want to know I am over a 1,000 years old. I know how your transformation is going on because when I was your age I was going through the same problems. Uncontrollable power, being able to do things that are unexplainable to the human eye,” Mr. Demus said without a care in the world. “Yes Logan, if you have not guessed by now I am a mage and a master at that. I can teach you everything I know. I also have noticed though that you have become really strong. Stronger than me when I was that young. We shall start when I can find a safe place to learn without alerting your parents or mere mortals,” Doctor Philip said. I had to admit I was in shock, not only had my wish come true but I had found someone like me! ~~~~~~~

‘Doctor Phillip I know a place I use it to practice alone with some of my other friends but it is near my house, if you go into my woods and travel a certain way there is a clearing that give us protection, I have used it ever since these accidents started to happen I know how to bend the elements to my will but that is about all." I said

“Logan from now on calls me master, that clearing would be good but first I have to see it and put some protection around it so that no one but the people we choose can see or came within a certain distance. Also we must be careful to alert other mages about our presence."

After that day I was more confident in my ability to be able to control this overwhelming power. That was inside me when I released the power within me it felt like flood gates bursting and water coming flooding in, the sensation was like none other.  That day I showed Master Philip the clearing, he was impressed.

"Nice work Logan now I am going to throw up some protective charms and spells that allows for us to work without being detected or seen, also I’m going to cast a charm that allows for us not to be overheard.  Now what I want you to do is listen to the words I say and I want you to repeat these same words and lock them into memory so you will have them for later."

'Yes Master Philip" saying it enthusiastically

"lemanhas, Logan that is a spell to keep people from spying on you"

"lemanhas, sounds cool"

"Logan do not take Magic lightly it will kill you if you are not careful, I was young like you and I was experimenting with some spells and it backfired on me."   He showed me the disfiguration on his skin it was the most unpleasant thing I have ever seen, right there I bent over and was sick. I was so horrified that I could not look at my Master until he put his sleeve down.

"Moving forward lehearmas is a spell that keeps people from hearing you. now repeat what you have learned to me."  Once he was satisfied that I had the wording right and I was able to say the words without stopping he paused.

"Now when you say these words tap your energy to these words to make them stay to what you want them to stay to these spells will not drain you after you are finished with the spell, the only time a spell will use your energy is when you cast the spell, end the spell or you decide to maintain a spell.  maintain a spell and not ending it will cause you to pass out or worse die."

I did what he told me to do and I was surprised of how easy to cast a spell and it was the first spell I had cast in my life.  We continued this for over an hour before I was drenching in sweat and was tired.  When I sensed a presence and I knew who it was.

"Master Phillip how do you end a spell."

'Why do you ask Logan, and you just put etta at the end of the spell."

"lemanhasetta " I said and I felt the trickle of power that I put into my spell and all of a sudden I could see my best friend in the whole wide world.  I repeated the same process with the hearing so she would be able to hear me.

"Sam what are you doing here I thought we were not meeting for another hour."

"Logan it is 7 'O’clock , Riley is going to be here any minute.' and as if on cue here comes Riley striding through the trees with such grace I just stopped and stared at her.  Well of course she had to be beautiful doing this and of course my best friend Sam caught me gaping at Riley.

anyways when riley got there Phillip or Master Philip stood up and asked why these people were here and I went through and introduced  both my friends to my Master.

"Master this is Sam, she is kind of like me but she can only control fire."

my master took a good look at Sam and asked her to summon fire without saying anything .  Sam concentrated for about 15 minutes  and no fire was summoned.  Master Phillip held out his hand and fire was summoned.

'Sam now takes this fire and put it in your own hand."  Sam did this and was successful she played with the fire for awhile allowing Mr., Phillip to see her powers.

'Sam I have come to the conclusion that you are similar to a wizard but you are not one you are what they call an Element Bender.  Do not be disheartened Sam Element Benders are better in that one element that they bend than a Mage could ever be. Now for what it is worth Sam you are already pretty powerful.  I assume you practice with Logan bending fire back and forth."

Sam and I said at the same time that we have.

Then Riley spoke up saying that she had people to practice with too.

"What do you mean Riley" I asked

"Well my whole family is warriors, my brother who is around Sam's age, my mom and dad is both warriors. I have been training since they have found out my brother is homeschooled for reasons I do not know but I could introduce my family to yell if you want."

Sam immediately said yes.

After that days lessons Riley lead us to her house and introduced us her brother and her mom and dad.  I looked at them and they were just so well built I could tell they could probably, if I was not a mage, ripe me in half with one arm.  We had dinner at their house and it was delicious.  When it was time to go I asked them if they would be interested in training with us in the woods. The boy who name was Ralph said yes.

From that day forth Sam, Master Philip and I trained in magic, while Riley and Ralph trained in the same clearing.  From Sam’s expression I knew she was starting to like Ralph and I knew that when she looked at me I knew she knew that I liked Riley.