Changes

My name is Logan McDaniel.  I live in the lower state of Ohio. Let’s just say I am a troubled teen. I don’t mean that I do self mutilation, doing drugs or into gangs. I more of... well basically I am a mage. No really I am. I control all four elements, water, fire, air, and earth. And I do magic. Oh, and mind controlling. So if you feel you are being hypnotized while reading this book, stop, cross your eyes and say Hakuna Matata. Nah, I am just kidding but seriously do look away and blink a few times and then go back to reading again.

So, basically everything started when I turned eight in November.

I remember how bad I wanted snow to come. I had woken up and looked out the window hoping for a fresh white blanket to cover the ground. But the ground was an ugly shade of brown and green. “Oh I wish it would snow,” I whispered. Then out of nowhere, small snowflakes began to fall. I then put on my coat and rushed out. Snow had covered the whole neighborhood. I was so excited, I didn’t give much thought to it. I simply thought it was a coincidence. After that, I started changing. I began having hallucinations. I remember seeing my room on fire, lighting sparking off my fingertips, the water always bending every time I took a cold shower. Even during school. I was taking a math test when the wood from my pencil began to sprout leaves. My friends thought I had brought that way, but I knew better. My parents never knew about the changes, neither did my best friend Sam. I did try one time to tell my parents what was going on, but that only made them worry. They thought I was crazy. I remember one night creeping towards my parent’s room and listening into their conversation.

"Honey, our son is going crazy," my dad said.

"I don't know Charles maybe it is just a phase kids go through,” mom said.

"This can’t be, my sister Angela has kids but they don't ever do this, he is twelve.  He should be out of this nonsense and do something like sports. He could be at least be a book worm." my dad complained.

Throughout the change I was so scared. I could feel it. I was becoming more and more powerful and I thought I was alone. What was I supposed to do? I am a little kid that is telling people that I can set fire to my room, shoot lightning bolts out my hand and make people do what I want them to do. Even though I could not figure out how I could control it or even do this when I wanted to.

Eventually the fighting stopped and I was left to the nightmares and the feeling of being a loose cannon.

Well one person I would have loved to tell was my best friend Samantha or I call her Sam. I could not tell her.  I did not know how to control the power I felt. I could feel it just growing more and more. I then thought of a useful wish.

I needed someone to be able to understand what I was becoming.  I needed someone to be by my side no matter what.